FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No spoilers Battlestar Galactica question

Author Topic: No spoilers Battlestar Galactica question
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
So*, Beverly and I watched season 1 of BSG over the last three days. I was surprised to find out that it only had 13 episodes, as opposed to the normal sized season of 22.

And now as I look, season 2 only has 10 episodes.

Why are these seasons only half-sized? Is this common for cable channels?

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You're looking at season 2.0. BSG season 2 is in two parts. The second part hasn't aired yet (I don't suppose anyone knows the date that it returns to the air so my hubby and I don't miss it?)

But yes, it's common for cable shows to have shorter seasons. If you look at the HBO shows, most of them only have 13 episodes.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's the 6th, Pixiest.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
January 6th. There's 10 episodes left. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. So the $35 dvd set is only half of the season? So it will probably be around $70 for a single season of BSG?

That's obnoxious on Star Trek levels.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd object, except I really like the DVD version better. No commercials, higher definition video...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer TV on DVD also, but I just get the discs through Netflix. I don't have any real desire to own most shows.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Well, I'll just netflix it. I bought season 1, but they lost me as a direct customer for season 2.
mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah. I'm guessing there'll be some special deal going on when the second half is released. Or maybe the second half won't cost as much as the first (since it's 3 less episodes).

*shrug*

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to really get offended, Look at the price for the HBO shows with only a handfull of episodes per season.

They make great shows, but the marketing people think too highly of them.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
If you want to really get offended, Look at the price for the HBO shows with only a handfull of episodes per season.
Meh. I've never seen a single episode of a single HBO show. I'll have to find something else to get offended about.

Now, where's [insert_ratraquenho]? [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.