FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Raia!

Author Topic: Hey Raia!
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I got the cd's today, all 6 of them! Thanks! I'm going to rip them so I can put them on my iPod and make special Raia Cd playlists. [Smile]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
she's home, so not online much, I'll make sure she knows.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile] I'm glad they arrived and everything's ok! Haha I couldn't make just one CD... six was about the least I could come up with. [Wink]

And I left off Rent, just for you!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Shani, we still need to watch White Christmas!

Curse your elusiveness.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I know! I'm sorry!

Did you see my LJ message? My phone go poof!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I want raia cd's!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

They were a little "thank you" for a lovely anklet that kojabu made and sent me... I'm still wearing it, by the way. [Smile]

I can give you Raia CDs too, if you want, Sarah!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I do, for whatever holiday we're having tommorow. I have stuff for you.
Raia
Member # 4700

Alright, done. [Smile]

And maybe I'll add some Rent for you, since kojabu specifically requested Rentless CDs.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I want Rent cds...
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

She even put the songs in alphabetical order!

And if anyone else wants a spiffy anklet/bracelet thingie, let me know. [Smile]

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, alphabetizing was the easiest way to mix them up so you don't get similar things all in the same place. But it also makes the list easier, that's true. [Wink]

Lyrhawn, do you mean that you want just the Rent soundtrack, or do you want the same Raia original collection that seems to be in demand around here? [Razz]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

What is on the Raia collection?
Raia
Member # 4700

A wide variety of Raia favorites. It's six CDs, I won't list everything here.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Lots of musical stuff [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Six cds? I don't think I need that much, I'd never get around to listening to it. I wouldn't mind RENT, plus maybe a cd of Raia's absolute favorites.
Raia
Member # 4700

The six CDs were supposed to be Raia's absolute favorites, but Raia has some problems with decision-making...

Rent itself isn't a problem, though. [Smile]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to re-think this thread. I don't think the Cards appreciate solicitation of copyright violation on their website.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Boo, fun police!

Grownups.

(I love the irony of this thread sitting suspiciously close to the copyright infringement lawsuit thread, though)

But seriously, doesn't burning a CD of music you own and giving it to a friend fall under fair use? Isn't that what the 'mixtape' decision years ago settled, or are mixtapes only allowed for the owner's use?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Owner's use. Distribution does not fall under fair use.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Sigh, I just wanted to thank Raia.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

::Moves away from thread to other mediums of communication::
Raia
Member # 4700

[Eek!]

Um, sorry... I didn't mean to break any laws. I'm not selling anything, it was just a "thank you" to kojabu for her lovely anklet.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Selling or not makes no difference whatsoever to copyright laws. It's like saying it's okay to shoplift as long as you give the stuff away instead of selling it.

I'm not saying I've never made a mix tape for someone. I'm saying you don't want to be sitting on the internet offering to send people CDs. . . and that there's a difference between giving someone a mix CD of your favorite songs and offering to send them a complete copy of a CD that's not particularly rare or difficult to pick up at your local music store.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.