FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Westernmassachusettscon 2005

Author Topic: Westernmassachusettscon 2005
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we do this again?
Ela, are you and The Victim coming this way some time this winter/spring?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
No plans to do so right now. We will let you know if that changes, though.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
*bounce bounce*

I've been having hatrackconny withdrawls!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Myr, any time you want to come out, Con or no Con, you are welcome. We can always arrange a MiniCon with the Sarahs.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
OOO! Depending on where and when you do this, I might be able to come! Skidmore is like 30 miles away from the western mass border! [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmph.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmph?
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, why Hmph??

Alcon,
It would be about three hours for you, maybe a little less.

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Well, Myr, any time you want to come out, Con or no Con, you are welcome. We can always arrange a MiniCon with the Sarahs.

Is that Sarahdipity and my Sarah? [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in...

In FL, that is... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, Ela!
Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you need a con for only one portion of a state that's the size of a postage stamp to begin with? Is it because you're limiting yourselves to what's within walking distance?
Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough cough* I really liked that arcade we went to near Boston to meet John last year... (yeah, it's not in Western Mass.. thppt!)
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You are welcome to have a Bostoncon, but that is not a Westernmassachusettscon, which you would also be welcome to come to.

Basically, I am just inviting people to my home.

JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that Kwea and I could go. We had a really nice time, and enjoyed lots of yummy food. It was also really cool to meet more people from Hatrack, and to see some other friends again. Although I will never forget the picnic in the pouring rain, it was a cozy night at Elizabeth's house even if it was snowing outside! Death by Triple Chocolate Cake is something I really miss since we moved down here. There is no Cerrato's bakery here Waaaaaah!
Hey Mac, what's with the "hmph"? I know it was a long drive, in the snow, both ways, but it was fun right?

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Silent E, you really don't know where Liz lives do you? There isn't really much within walking distance from her house. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere, far away from the "big cities" like Worcester or Boston. It's bigger than a postage stamp...you are confusing Mass with Rhode Island! Mass is more like the size of tea cozy, but now I live in Florida, so ... I don't have to shovel any of the liquid sunshine and it's not as cold as it is up there either. Liz, I hope you have a wonderful gathering, whomever decides to attend.
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thanks, Jenni, and darn it, I wish you were still around! Wimps! Snowbirds! Disney Lovers! Red Sox Abandoners! (there. I am done)
Kwea
Member # 2199

Silent, the name has to do with WHERE it is held not who attends...otherwise we would all be going to MackCon's all the time, right? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
depending when whateveritis happens, I might be able to come...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

JenniK posting again (boy I am really lazy...blame it on the cold that I have).....

Liz, I am not a Red Sox abandoner! I am a 3rd generation fan...and as a matter of fact, there are more Red Sox fans living in this state than in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts! (just because there is more total area for people to live in has nothing to do with that fact!) Snowbird!!! I take offense at that! I have no intention of returning to live in Massachusetts once the darned snow up there melts! I am definitely not one of those!!!! I don't just hate snow..I hate cold weather, morons who can't drive in that horrible white stuff, luxury taxes on an automobile that you have already paid the luxury tax on, but if you still own it, you have to keep on paying every year (i.e. excise tax), people who can't pronounce the word Amherst,people who think that anything west of Worcester is New York, or that the people that live west of Worcester's wagon trains are still being attacked by the Indians! (please read that as everyone who thinks that Massachusetts ends at Worcester!) Though I do miss my friends and family up there. *sniff* Happy HanaKwanzaMas! Or, as a few people still say: Merry Christmas! Even if you are stuck up there in that frozen tundra, waiting for spring so the Red Sox will come back up there from Florida (oh yeah Johnny Damon lives right down the street from where I work!) and their spring training games...see I didn't abandon them!! Nah nah nah nah Nah!!!!

Truly I wish all my friends up there a happy holiday season filled with laughter and wonderful memories. -JenniK

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

We shall see, Jenni.
Icarus lives near you, and his evil Yankee influence is strong.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, it seemed that it was Just For Western Mass People. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

[ROFL]

*is currently drowning in finals time til the 23rd so not very vociferous atm*

I definitely see a need for a Disneycon, a NYC-con, another Bostoncon and of course a WesternMass-a-thon! Course we could drag our NYC and Boston friends up to Liz's place [Smile]

Kiwi and Jenni, someday I WILL come visit, I WILL! Somehow my vacation plans of going south turned into Phoenix/LA, so it won't be this Jan. Phooey for being poor college student!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
If there was a Bostoncon I'd come out from Ithaca just for that!

well. maybe.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

If you have any pics you want to send, my email is kweaSr_at_gmail_dot_com.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Hey, the boston gathering we had back when I was shy(er) oh-so-many-years ago (like two and change) Godric came all the way from Pennsylvania! Eight hours on a train! That's dedication for ya [Smile]
kojabu
Member # 8042

There's a bus that runs from Ithaca to Boston, not sure how often though. Doesn't take too long either, 5 hours maybe.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

FUNG WAH BUS!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, Mack, I was totally thinking of you as part of Westernmassachusettscon! I was just saying that the Sarah's are right on my doorstep is all.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.