FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arrested Development rumor

Author Topic: Arrested Development rumor
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't It Cool News has a link to a story about a possible pickup by another network.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool.

But it would be an unprecedented moment for Hollywood if it actually happened.

What I'd like to see is for NBC to pick up AD and put together a Thurs. night line-up of:

Scrubs
The Office
AD
My Name is Earl

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Has Fox cancelled it?

It figures -- I just bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

Stupid Fox. [Grumble]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah they've cancelled it, they cut the 3rd season short and now they're just airing the remaining episodes of the season.

I really do hope it gets picked up by another network, AD is one of the few shows I still watch on TV these days.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
this would be some great news if it turned out to be true.

Everyone buy dvds! We did it with Family Guy, we can do it with Arrested Development!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That will learn me.

You wanna know what the last FOX show was that I got interested in was?

Firefly.

[Grumble]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully it'll be picked up by another station though. This show is so hilarious, I think I would cry if it was cancelled permanently.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Like I cried when Firefly was cancelled. [Cry]
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I opened this thread expecting some news scandal about research on learning disabilities.

I am so very out of the TV loop.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend was a big fan of Firefly, Kitchen Confidential, and Arrested Development. Suffice to say she hates Fox with a passion.

I think NBC could put together a really nice Thursday night comedy 2 hour block with My Name Is Earl, The Office, and the two new comedies they have coming out in January: The Book of Daniel and The Four Kings. They've been foundering for hits as big as Fraiser and Friends, and with Will and Grace going off the air, they need a new night of comedy.

I think Joey was cancelled wasn't it? At the very least I think they halted production of new episodes, which means they'll give it time to air out, and then they'll bring in one of the old stars from Friends to try and hype it up.

The second season of that show has actually been pretty funny. I think the basic problem with it is that the supporting cast around Matt Leblanc isn't anywhere near as strong as the cast that was put around say, Kelsey Grammar in Fraiser. But the writing has gotten a lot better since last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see it die within a year if they don't make some casting changes and additions. They need more people to fill more niches and to be a lot more funny than the current people are. There's only so many "Joey is stupid" jokes that work without the rest of the people there to fill in the holes.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Joey was put on hold, they're trying to put it on Tues. night with Scrubs when the new episodes start airing.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for the DVD of Tim Minear's The Inside...
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Zalmoxis:
But it would be an unprecedented moment for Hollywood if it actually happened.

Not really. Babylon 5 got picked up for its fifth and final season by TNT (I think) after it got cancelled (by the WB?), and Buffy was picked up for two more seasons by UPN after it got cancelled by the WB.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Wasn't Stargate picked up by Sci-Fi after it was dumped by another network?

So long as they are willing to pay for it, I don't think most networks care if they can make a little money off what they see as a failed venture.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Oh yes. Please, oh please. If NBC knows what good for them, they'll pick up AD. If not, *finger across throat*
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Showtime may pick it up.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I guess you can't blame Fox for cutting shows that don't do well, though I think they could do better by shifting shows that are obviously good but doing poorly to a different time slot.
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
And don't forget MST3K.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that Buffy was cancelled by the WB -- if I understand it right, the WB was dragging their feet over negotiating future syndication rights or something like that, and that was stalling their renewal offer, and so UPN jumped in and made an offer.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get Showtime. [Frown]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I don't either. I do, however, get Weeds and The L Word, and when it was still on, I got Dead Like Me. You just have to be creative...
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I guess you can't blame Fox for cutting shows that don't do well, though I think they could do better by shifting shows that are obviously good but doing poorly to a different time slot.
You underestimate my prowess in the blame game.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't have Showtime
Darn it, neither do I! I just now remembered that. I guess I'll just have to buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.