FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Homecoming Rumor

Author Topic: Homecoming Rumor
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
We have a rumor going around that we may get relieved as early as Febuary Eighth, which would be cool.

Anecdotal evedience is in favor since many Natinal Guard units here are only doing ten months. However our command puts us here till April at least so there it is.

It is based on a supposed fax seen by a aide in the Battalion HQ so it could very well be true and we know ahead of time...

Still it could mean I will beat my wife to the States if she does not get her Visa soon, that would suck!

I know it will be a relief for the rest of you when the moral assendency I enjoy by being in Iraq comes to an end and you can pretend it never happened!

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Hoorah! That would indeed be good news.

I had to re-read that one line once. Skipped my morning coffee and 'beat my wife' really scanned wrong for me [Blushing]

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I know it will be a relief for the rest of you when the moral assendency I enjoy by being in Iraq comes to an end

I wonder if the Iraqis get to enjoy moral "assendency" while they're in Iraq, too, or if they have to come to the United States to do it.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder if the Iraqis get to enjoy moral "assendency" while they're in Iraq, too, or if they have to come to the United States to do it.
It's a little harder for the Iraqi's to achieve. They have to get shot by an arrogant American soldier before they can claim moral superiority...unfortunately with BC coming home, they might not get a chance.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.