FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer Viruses

Author Topic: Computer Viruses
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
People are just getting more and more stupid with these things. Today I got an email from "department@fbi.gov" telling me they had logged my IP at more than 30 illegal sites. I haven't been to more than 30 sites, period, and all of the ones I go to are definitely legal. Unless hatrack is code for pot ring, or something like that, which I have seen no evidence of.

What interesting viruses have you seen lately?

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
She saw through my cunning trap! Curses! Foiled again!
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
If it weren't for those silly kids and their dog!
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
meddling kids [Wink]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
The virus that I can't seem to escape is AOL. That thing pops up everywhere!
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've lost track of how many different subject lines I'm getting. My office account is being inundated, and we believe that at least one member of the lawyers group we belong to is infected, because a rather high number claim to be from member domains and only members of the group would have EVERYONE's addresses in their systems. Of course, everyone insists that they're clean [Wall Bash]

I get very few at the home addresses, which is honestly surprising. I'm sure Yahell is filtering them out unseen because I don't think I've seen any there, and I've only gotten two or three total at my needleful-things accounts, which is through 1and1.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
My personal favorite: I work at an eBay consignment company called Yabe Auctions, and apparently the phishers are idiots, 'cause I get phishing e-mails saying my Yabe Auctions account is suspended and I need to send them my login info to repair it.

If there are Yabe Auctions accounts, it's news to me.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.