FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hurricane Season Ends Today

Author Topic: Hurricane Season Ends Today
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
And aren't we glad that that's done!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

I've been looking forward to this day. And when I turned on the weather this morning I heard them discussing Tropical Storm Epsilon. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! Party on! woohoo! (now you just know that for the first time in recorded history a hurricane is going to hit us in the off season. You heard it here first.)
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope someone remembered to tell the hurricanes that the season is over.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, beaten to the punch by none other than Dr Strangelove!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew. We can only hope that "first" will not hit.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
At your service. Living in Florida gives me a healthy dose of pessemism when it comes to hurricanes.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
You know this is just an arbitrary date, right. There is no hurricane switch they turn on and off...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
There is no hurricane switch they turn on and off...

I'm so disillusioned. I wouldn't mind being in charge of the weather switchboard.

Of course, some of you might be complaining about the persistant lack of sunshine. (I hate the sunshine).

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope someone remembered to tell the hurricanes that the season is over.
My exact reaction when they mentioned it on NPR. They were saying something about how we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that hurricane season is over, and I couldn't help but think, "I hope someone told the hurricanes that." Really, a sigh of relief is premature. This may well be a part of the year in which hurricanes traditionally stop coming, but nature does not use a human calendar.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

On a related note, I have managed to catch a cold when it wasn't cold season.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Bugs: "Duck season!"
Daffy: "Wabbit season!"
Bugs: "Duck season!!"
Daffy: "Wabbit season!!"
Bugs: "Duck season!!!"
Daffy: "Wabbit season!!!"
Bugs: (reversing the flow) "Wabbit season!"
Daffy: "Duck season!!!"
Bugs: "Wabbit season!!!"
Daffy: "I say it's DUCK season, and I say...fire!"

Hurricane season!!!
Flu season!!!
Hurricane season!!!
Flu season!!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.