FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *grumble* Dreams *grumble*

Author Topic: *grumble* Dreams *grumble*
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my dreams don't make me feel much of anything. I mean they have a general plot and it makes sense, but it's not anything that produces emotion. So most times my dreams are inconsequential. On occasion though, I have "happy" dreams where things work out and I should feel good. When I was younger, I used to like those kind of dreams. These days, those kind of dreams just make me sort of angry and/or sad.

I had one such dream this last night (or this morning if you want to get technical). Let me give a little background to it. There's a girl in my Humanities class that I sort of "like": she's cute, intelligent, and at least has a somewhat good sense of humor. I've said all of five words to her though in the course of the semester since I suck at social stuff (for more information about that, see my thread entitled "Women. How do I deal with them?"). So yeah, in real life, the situation isn't so good. In my dream, things work out somehow. I can't recall the beginning (or even the early middle) portion of my dream, so I'm not sure how it worked out. I just know that by the end, she and I had decided to go out on a date at some future time.

The dream probably should have left me feeling good, assuming that maybe something like that could happen. Instead, I'm just sort of bitter about it. I would need extreme good luck (which for me has the same odds as getting struck by lightning). I would also need to get past some of my problems, most of which aren't going to go away quickly. To me, the dream seemed to be rubbing my face in something I can't have. It's sort of irritating.

So yeah, I made this topic to get this off my chest (or out of my head, either way). Everyone else, feel free to comment or put stuff about your own dreams. I'll surely read and reply. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
pFresh,
I know how you feel but it can be good in a way. I liken it to watching a cheesy love story movie right after a break-up. You know you can be happy and you know how, you don't need to have it spoon-fed to you. But consider the following: perhaps that feeling of "goodness" or "acceptedness" that you felt in the good part of the dream is going to be the motivation you need to get something accomplished. We can picture ourselves in situations that we long for, but we can only "feel" that in the pleasantly deranged state of dreaming.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
"Good luck" can be made you know... next time you see her, add at least one more word to your five word total.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I did say hello today, so that makes 6 words. As for using the dream as motivation, that may be the right track. I just haven't figure out how yet.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
(I had a dream a few days back in which I had to order a pizza. They gave me a circle of cooked cardboard with anchovies and apple slices perched on top and charged me $50.

I told them "You can't charge me $50 for a crustless pizza!"

So they cooked me another normal one and charged me $40. When I woke up I was angry that I had even accepted that.

It was a weird dream.)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Teshi...
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I had a dream one where they were selling the 60 piece Chicken McNugget bucket thing for 99 cents. Seemed like quite a deal, although I don't know that I could eat that many McNuggets.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.