FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who's your favorite Transformer?

Author Topic: Who's your favorite Transformer?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Reach into your childhood, who was (or is) your favorite Transformer?

It's hard for me to narrow it down to one, so I'll say name your top three actually. Mine are:

1. Grimlock ("Me Grimlock no bozo, me Grimlock king!")

2. Starscream

3. Blur

And favorite Transformers dialogue exchange has to be:

Starscream - "Who dares interrupt my coronation?"

Galvatron - "Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy."

Starscream - "Megatron?"

Galvatron - "Here's a hint"

::Starscream is disintegrated::

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Transformer is Starscream.
And for my for my favorite line, I too choice the movie.

:Starscream takes a severely injured Megatron to Astrotrain's door while they are traveling in deepspace preparing to throwing him out:

Starscream: Oh how it pains me to this.

Megatron: Wait, I still function.

Starscream: Wanna bet?

:Throws Megatron into space:

Megatron: Sssttttaaarrrssccrreeaammmm!

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I was always fond of Skyfire.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Devastator.

The first and best giant transformer made out of other transformers.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite action sequence
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I KNEW someone would post that.

Just didn't know who.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a Beast Wars Transformers kid . ..
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

How old are you?

I watched maybe the first season of Beast Wars, but my brother hated it, so I mostly watched what he watched, which was the older Transformers, and Transformers the Movie A LOT.

Of Beast Wars, I liked the one who was a neutral transformer, something like a leopard/hawk mix. He was cool. So was Rhinox. But that show got goofy really quick to me.

Still, name your fave Beast Wars Transformer Joldo.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite transformer--Al Gore.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'd love to see a transformer voiced by Al Gore.
aspectre
Member # 2222

Not enough emotional range.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

I'm 17.

My favorite had to be Silverbolt. Who wouldn't want a winged wolf?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Silverbolt! I think that was the one I meant. I couldn't remember the details.

What, and Devastator had emotional range?

He could play a triple changer that changes from a lockbox into a donkey into a demobot.

Joldo
Member # 6991

I don't think Silverbolt was neutral. He started out on the whatchamacallits, the bad guys, but he ended up where he really belonged.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
my favorite transformer

He's all powerful.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Hah! I watched one get toasted by a mylar balloon.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That was awesome!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Soundwave. No question.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Starscream. Without a doubt. I never could figure out why he was Megatron's second in command when he didn't have a shread of loyalty to him. Wouldn't soundwave have been a better choice?

Anyway, my favourite exchange: I vaguely recall an episode where Starscream betrayed Megatron for his own personal gain (once again), but of course it didn't work out, and the exchange occurred after Starscream gave some lame excuse to exonerate himself.

Megatron: You're either lying or you're stupid!

Starscream: I'm stupid! I'm stupid!

or something like that.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

lol.

That's great Bob.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
You're all. . . evil!

My favorite transformer is Jazz.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Shockwave the ever-loyal is my favorite. He was the guy who kept things running when his boss was acting all crazy. He retained his original cool looking form (no Earth influence) with that cool eye and purple paint job.

"Decepticons, we're under attack! Scramble!"

My other favorite is the Quintesson Emperor, the guy with the alien/banana shaped head, sharp teeth, and the six green tentacles. He was da bomb.

"Before the Imperial Magistrate deliverse a verdict would you like to beg for your lives? It sometimes helps but not often..."

OH OH! I also love Kranix...the last survivor of Linthra which was destroyed by Unicron.

"The ships!! Get to the ships, it's our only chance!!"

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Soundwave.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Prowl.

Sadly, my original Prowl (not the later stupid SUV one) broke during a move.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.