FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wonderfalls

Author Topic: Wonderfalls
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else out there a fan of Wonderfalls? It was about a store clerk in Niagra Falls who hears small plastic toys giving her advice and was another Fox show that got cancelled. The actress who played Kaylee was in a few episodes of this show. After all the talk about Firefly being turned into a movie, I feel like this show would make a good movie as well. I don't know how widespread the following is though.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon loves it, but he's in Utah right now, partying.

I've seen it, and I enjoyed it. I saw it after Firefly, and was quite horrified to see Kaylee as a villian.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I need to watch it again because I watched Wonderfalls this past summer and Firefly a few weeks ago. I hadn't realized it was her until my friend said something to me about it.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it, but I did think it was something of a Joan of Arcadia clone.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw all the episodes except the final one -- still waiting to find time for it.

I don't know that it would make a good movie. What it needs is another 12-24 episodes (but only that -- the premise is such that I don't think that it could have a long run).

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Well when you cut out all the random episodes that didn't really add to the plotline (such as the Indian reservation one), it feels like you're watching one big long movie that ends happily.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've seen it, and I enjoyed it. I saw it after Firefly, and was quite horrified to see Kaylee as a villian.
She's also in a Stargate: Atlantis Episode. Hee hee. (Not telling!)

I have seen a couple of Wonderfall Episodes but I was never very impressed.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, myself. I only caught two episodes, but they were pretty good all around.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderfalls rules. Almost every episode had some little thing that surprised me enough to be impressed. It was always a bit off-kilter, in a good way.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Wonderfalls. It's awesome. [Big Grin]

I had to go the other direction w/Jewel Staite. I knew her first from Wonderfalls, so it took a bit to get used to her as Kaylee. The characters are about as different as can be.

Wonderfalls wouldn't be a good movie. The tone is too...something. I don't know how to describe it. Besides, movies tend to want answers, and any answers about the 'voices' would necessarily be awful.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderfalls wouldn't make a good movie for reasons I won't say in a non-spoiler thread =)

Anyway, I just loaned out my DVDs to a friend who's a Dead Like Me fan today =)

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Like Me is another one of my favorites. Made by the same guy as Wonderfalls, IIRC. Btw, pixiest, I'm curious as to your reasons. Any chance you could post them w/spoiler warnings? (Or email?)

There is good TV out there. You just have to catch it before it gets cancelled. Or wait for the DVDs. [Smile]

[ October 05, 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Dead Like Me.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.