FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New trailer for "Cars", the last Disney/PIXAR film.

Author Topic: New trailer for "Cars", the last Disney/PIXAR film.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: The website hosting the trailer is currently not working. Oh well.

[ October 04, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't watch the trail from work, but I'm curious: The teaser made the movie look absolutely awful. Is there anything redeeming here?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there anything redeeming here?
No!
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was much, much better than the other one.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Monster, Inc. and Finding Nemo looked dumb, too. The Incredibles was way better than the trailer, too, but by then I was a believer. I trust Pixar implicitly now. If they blow it, then I will relegate them back to human status.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Jim-Me, you took the words out of my mouth.

Although you'd have to add Toy Story to the list of things I originally thought looked dumb.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the trailer now. Not as actively annoying as the teaser, but still doesn't look like anything I want to see.

None of the other Pixar movies mentioned gave me a bad impression from the trailers. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and The Incredibles all intrigued me from the first trailers I saw for them. I did underestimate Finding Nemo and didn't actually watch it until dkw raved about it, but I never thought it looked stupid from the commercials. Cars looks awful, though. It'd be nice to be surprised by Pixar, but I'll be waiting until I hear from people who've seen the full move before seeing this one.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it could be fun. I thought Pixar was clear of Disney, though...?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
They will be. They knew from the beginning that this was their last movie with Disney. I think that IF it's crappy, that is why.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't look crappy to me ... Am I missing something?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
What confused many about the duration of the Disney/PIXAR deal is that they count Toy Story 2 as part of it.

Since TS2 was originally slated to be a direct-to-video release, Disney deemed that it didn't count.

Of course, part of the reason why PIXAR doesn't really want to extend the Disney deal is that Disney is planning to make Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4, even though as far as PIXAR is concerned the story they wanted to tell with the characters is now over.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Disney has been wringing sequels out of every intelectual property they've got as fast as they can attach hack writers to them. It's one of the reasons that, while I like some of their stuff a lot, I have very little affection for the company.

Based on the previews I've seen of "Chicken Little", I think Disney's going to miss Pixar a _lot_. I don't think it's gonna be mutual. I look forward to seeing what they'll do when free of the Mouse House...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I think it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

And I'm pretty sure I remember lots of folks loudly bemoaning each of Pixar's last 5 or so trailers, and predicting the imminent demise of the company because "no one wants to see a movie about toys/bugs/monsters/fish... and any CG film with human characters is doomed!" [Wink]

Maybe this won't be their most popular movie ever, maybe it will be, either way, it's a bit early to be deciding its fate. [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It doesn't look crappy to me ... Am I missing something?

Perhaps. Maybe you're not as allergic to racing or bad southern accents as I am.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't they have a pill for that now?
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.