FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Remember my need for a Bible?

Author Topic: Remember my need for a Bible?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it has just arrived, but I got two. Does anyone need one or should I just give it to a stranger?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Give it to a friend or stranger or leave it for someone to find. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it in Spanish?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Give it to a school teacher. If teacher calls on you in class, and you have no idea of the answer, hand her the Bible, and say "This has all the answers you are seeking."
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm. I want to do something drastic....I think I'll hand it to someone in the trolley...a COMPLETE stranger.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Tante... [Big Grin]

The books are both in english, which disappointed me a little because I tried to contact them about the matter. They sent me another Bible alright. [Smile]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante... [ROFL]

It's people like you what cause unrest!

Is it a study bible? If so, there are lots of churches that hold advanced Bible study courses and often the cost of a Bible with annotations & commentary is too high for at least "some" of the participants. You could donate to one of their teaching programs for general use.

Heck, you could even do that with a regular Bible, but most churches are going to have enough copies of a standard edition.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Its the King James version and the closest catholic church to me is the Mission San Diego de Alcala.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know you can't donate the King James version to a Catholic church or mission.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course she COULD. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you never e-mailed me your address, so I know you didn't get them from ME.... [Wink]

but glad you were able to finally get a copy for yourself...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.