FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Florida Here I Come!

Author Topic: Florida Here I Come!
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, tomorrow morning at what I like to call " o'dark -thirty" my mom and I will be getting into my packed car to begin the drive to Florida. It will be a long trip, but we plan to make it an adventure ( with no trips to Staten Island on thie road trip... don't ask Kwea about that)and have lots of fun. I will probably not be posting much... not that I post very much now. I may be lurking and checking on Kwea.

I will definately enjoy this trip, but I will miss Kwea a whole lot. [Cry] That will be the hard part. So, sunshine and palm trees here we come! See ya soon Velour Man!!!

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! Drive carefully! Have fun!

I used to live on Staten Island. Why would you ever drive there?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't want to drive there, but the directions were not so clear.... it said take 287 South which is what we did, we got off at an exit or the night and when we got back on it in the morning, we kept following it.... not realizing that 287 actually peels off in a more westerly route..since there was no sign saying 287 this way... we ended up on Staten Island and relaized that the road changed to 278! ( or vice versa with the number thing) The signs didn't click because we didn't notice the change. Oh well,this time will be better and no side trips to Staten Island!
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I will believe that when I se it.

Never let someone THAT blonde be navigater!!!
[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Psst Jenni...time to get going. Are you on the road yet? If so, don't answer this post. You should be watching the road, not typing on Hatrack.
[Eek!]

Drive safely!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

She just left, about 2 min ago.

She is silly, she is the one who really, realy wanted to move but she was crying as she left..

She is so silly I will really, reallly iss her for these couple of weeks we are apart. [Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Awww...

That's sweet.

I'm sure she'll iss you too.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a safe trip!

Mr. Opera and I had to live apart for 5 months before our big move last year. It sucked, but we got through it. I'm sure you two will be burning up the phone lines soon. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

Have a safe trip!!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

She is going to install Skype on her cousins computer, so we will be talking but not paying per min for it. [Wink]

If we were it would be a hell of a phone bil...ask anyone who had met us IRL, they know.... [Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Yep, that was it...

And I was listening to a blonde navigator. [Wink]

Jenni just called about 45 min ago, she and her mom are safe and sound, and are just outside of Fredricksburg, VA. They plan on leaving some time tomorrow, probably about 6-7 AM, and finishing the drive tomorrow night some time.

I will let you all know as I find out myself. [Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Are we there yet?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a safe journey, Jenni! I will miss thee.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Jenni decided, after a long drive today, to stay overnight again rather than pushing all the way to FL tonight.

I told her that would happen, but then againn what do I know? [Big Grin]

I would rather be safe than sorry, that's for sure, even if it didn't give me a chance to say "I told you so!",....which of course it did, [Big Grin]

She has about a 4 hour drive left, so she should be there fairly early tomorrow. [Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Jenni had arrived, safe and sound, at her cousins house. She iwll be looking at apartments tomorrow, and on Tuesday she starts Traditions, the Disney indoctrination...er, I mean orientation. [Big Grin]

She is excited.

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.