FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paying the Rent

Author Topic: Paying the Rent
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
So, here's the thing. I live in apartment complex that has so much trouble receiving the rent from the residents, they give you an incentive. Every time you pay on time they let you draw a piece of paper out of a box with a credit on it towards future rent. It might be $5 or $10. The put it in the computer and you can use it later. If you put your rent in the drop box they do it for you.

Great right? Only, I always put my rent in the drop box. I didn't know about the program at all until last month when I found out that I have $255 in credit to use.

$255!

I can see why they kept it a secret. After all that's more than half my rent for a month. Guess who's going shopping this weekend? [The Wave]

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Bugs Bunny!
Ender!
The Wizard of Oz!
God! (what more does he want?!)

Oh, wait, I know, I know, YOU! Have fun! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Corwin!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice incentive program. I might mention it to my apartment management.

Actually, they just started an on-time incentive program. Payments received before the deadline are placed in a drawing, and one name is chosen. Chosen person saves $100 off their next month's rent. I should mention the late fees remain steep enough that not paying on time hits the pocket book hard.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
They had that program at our last place, Tstorm.

I like andi's program better!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's illegal in MA, I believe... My dad's complex used to have it (and he took advantage of it, except it only applied to the rent you were turning in, not afuture credt), and then had to stop. I'm sure there was som tax liability to such a thing that the state cracked down on.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish there was any incentive at all here.

WA state law is such that if you do not pay within 3 days of the date agreed upon in your lease, you can be evicted, no questions asked. The police are VERY good about being on time with it, too.

Paycheck's a little late? Hope your landlord's nice, 'cause guess what, they have the right to make you homeless!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.