FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Creepy/Weird Dreams - An Exploration

Author Topic: Creepy/Weird Dreams - An Exploration
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I always have what I consider to be very weird dreams. I used to remember having several a night, but in the last year or two, I haven't remembered barely one or two. So, last night I had one of the weirdest of all, though it's still probably average by my standards.

Mostly I'm curious to find out if everyone in fact has crazy dreams like I do. So here is the dream, or what I remember of it, that I had last night.

I forgot most of it during the day, but I remember I was driving down the road in a van with my mom, she was driving. She turned around this mountain pass and then drove off the road, and the ground was like a thousand feet down, so it was a deadly fall.

So she turns to me and says "Oh crap, wait...didn't you fall asleep a few minutes ago?"

I shrugged and looked out the window. Then she went on with "Yeah, I think you did, so you must be dreaming and this isn't real. Whew, well that's a relief." And then we hit the ground.

That was the second dream though, in my first dream, I remember being in Alaska, where a new species of rabid squirrels the size of small deer were falling onto this patch of pop bottles, which apparently were deadly to them. Wait! I change that, the second dream ties into the first, my mom and I were driving to Alaska when we drove off the cliff.

Anyway, so, we're heading to Alaska to save the Squirrels that were being dropped on pop bottles en masse, when we hear that President Bush has approved the release of some sort of chemical toxin thing that somehow keeps the Squirrels away from the pop bottles, thus saving him. I remember thinking to myself "Finally! Bush does something I agree with." Which seemed a little absurd to me, but at the same time, made perfect sense.

So that was the dream I had last night, and trust me, that's not the weirdest it's ever been.

Thus I pose the question, is that really that weird? Do you all have dreams that weird? Or are they mostly about surreal, but still REAL people and things happening?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine vary on weirdness. Like last night I had one that involved someone wanting lots of juice at a college party. I find it really weird when I dream things over again, though I know it's not that weird. But the party was at this house that I had dreamed about another night, but now I was living in it with my friends.

Dreams are strange things.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordKaosnix
Member # 8458

- posted      Profile for LordKaosnix           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about you and the idea of what a President should be.

Hack writer as i apparantly am, I shall do my best to describe what I read in this.

Your mother sympolizes your safe place along with your views on what things should be.

The joke your mother makes is a personal statement about you and your outlook on a situation.

Squirells hold a place in your heart for some reason only you know. What plagues them is a random nothing. That or your really concernd about the soda wars.

You dont like president Bush, that much is obviose. But you want to becouse he is our leader and you believe in backing the leader even if you dont agree with everything he does.

So there you go, tht is what i read in it anyway.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Woah, wasn't expecting a psychological analysis. But thanks!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
LordKaosnix,
Instead of posting here, please go and edit your thread title so people dont make fun of you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Too late! [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Wait, what did the squirrels being dropped on pop bottles do to them?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It killed them. Don't ask me why, I haven't the slightest clue.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Whoa that's some crazy soda. Can I borrow one of those to get rid of the squirrel that keeps coming into my kitchen?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't know if they have special properties or what. You might be better off with the Squirrel nerve agent the President okayed to keep the Squirrels away from the soda bottles to begin with.
kojabu
Member # 8042

That could work indeed. When a squirrel can pull off duct tape, you know it's not your normal squirrel.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a weird dream the other day. It must be weird dream season or something. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting how many times I find myself dreaming about whatever I was doing before I fell asleep, or about the things that I spend a lot of time on. If I've been watching a lot of Stargate, then that night I might dream that someone I knew got a snake in their head.

Does anyone have lucid dreams? I don't seem to be able to figure out that I'm dreaming, and the few times I have, I either wake up immediately, or the dream feels too real, so I just dismiss the idea that I'm dreaming.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am able to lucid dream. There was a thread about it a couple of months back. I was programmed as a young child. The only time I can't lucid dream is if I am sleepwalking; I seem to be in a different state when that happens or something.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I don't know if I can or not, but I was very aware in the dream I had last night about the juice. I feel like I made my dream self have conversations with people and go look for the juice. And while I was dreaming I recognized the house as a house I had previously dreamed of. It was weird.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Although I'm able to lucid dream, I don't always want to. I usually just let the dream go where it will, unless I don't like where it's going. Then I either take control or "rewind" to make it go the way I want.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Ah if only life had a rewind button.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, that's the best part of lucid dreaming-- you can try it different ways.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.