FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXXIV: Take a wok on the wild side

Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXXIV: Take a wok on the wild side
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oriental food puns. Two tono fun!

So sushimi!

Fugu ought to enjoy this one. If he's not too fried.

Wok-a-wok-a-wok-a

[Wink]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Bob, I would prepare for wonton of puns!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
'bout time you noodled around in here.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That blow was realy lo, Mein.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Did you know that the Daffy was charged with sexual harrassment? Yup, he was a Peking Duck.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hmmm...pretty saucy.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheep are dumb.

No, it's true. They have very unimaginative names. One sheep was named after the sound he made. Another was named after how dumb he was. Every time they bumped into each other, the second would forget who the first was.

So Baaa knew Dull.

The shepherd thought this was funny and would tell all the guys he met.

So men knew Dull didn't know Baa.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I bao to you.

[Hail]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I was never moo shu of the fact that you are a sill guy than now, Dag!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Now you're just trying to curry favor.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, szechuan to put it that way...
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I don't bay leaf you just wrote that!

What phô?

ôIô

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, it is like the ghost of Emeril said:

Bam! Boo!

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I used to hate going to having dinner cooked by Sue - shi would never cook the fish.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Wasabi will be.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That's soy funny!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I am not a fan of Condoleeza at all, but still. When she went over to Iraq, I thought it was terrible when the crowd yelled:

"Be fried, Rice!!!!"

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

_ _ _ _
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

(edited out answer so others can have a chance)

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Hat] Thanks Liz. [Wink]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I must admit to missing the second clue, though.
Is there something, let's say, viscous, in the water?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, since we are such a small group, we punsters, I will admit to you all that I occasionally make a pun, for example the Emeril one, and find that I am giggling uncontrollably at my very own joke.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Good, Very good

<edit>

I love it when my post applies equally well to the post I was responding to and the one that snuck in before I had a chance to get my reply posted.

It avoids so much Confucious.

[Wink]

[ August 13, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Buddha sorta like to be confused.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, not many people are posting her, Bob? Do you think it's because you've become lo mein on the totem pole?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Does anyone else think Alley McBeal got bad when they decided to dump Ling?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, I just don;t think it is a good idea to advertise on your car in the first place. But people who are pushing for the legalization of marijuana? Cops might start pulling all the people over with pot stickers.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yeah, wasabi with that?
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
A very large Hispanic man has found a method to attach bits of info to songs that are copyrighted. When you download a song that info is directed back to the copyright holder. I saw a headline about this that read, "Juan, ton, provides a for tune cookie.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, can't hang around punning today, miso busy today. I have got to clean out our fridge--especially all those old milk containers, and throw out that old beef. I've got a real Moo-Shoo day ahead of me.

As for Dagonee, his mom's got a new email address, so today, he'll be doing tech support for her. He doesn't mind, tho, she'damame.

Hopefully, we'll finish with our chores before udon with the pun thread, so don't pu-pu our excuses. Don't pho us out of Hatrack, I promise, we'll be back soon tofu as we're ready.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When a certain group of mobsters were trying to get rid of a body, they started to argue. One guy was new, and the older fellows thought it would be best if he were broken in, and that he was the one to throw the man in the river.

No mobster likes to be called a coward, and the older men knew this. So they taunted the poor young chap:

"You chicken, dump Ling!"

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that mobster styled himself as a wiseguy. His reply was, "You sesame chicken? I'm a Hot, Mustard fifty people soy so".
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob was at a farm when a cow exploded all over him. Of course, his friends called him names. He liked one of those names so much, he used it as the name on his packing boxes when he moved. One box from his kitchen got lost, and as he read the paper the next day the headline was:

Lost "Moo-Goo Guy" Pans Found

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Who was the best female dancer of the 20th century?

"Ginger!" I scream.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The last time I was in Juneau, I went to my favorite Chinese restaurant in the entire world. It was horrible! We waited over an hour for our food. We were starving. Finally, I asked the waiter what the problem was and he said the chef was drunk again. I admit I was a little insensitive when I asked if the chef couldn't just whip us up a little something. The waiter shook his head and said, no, that the chef couldn't manage the stove just at the moment. I was kind of perplexed, I mean I've seen this guy cook food when he was practically comatose...why not now, I demanded.

The waiter took me to the back, opened the kitchen door and pointed to the chef. "Can't, on knees!"

I called the manager over. I demanded that the chef be demoted instantly. I don't mind a drunk, but an incompetent drunk is unforgiveable. I insisted that he be taught a lesson.

The manager reluctantly called the chef out front and gave him a harangue the likes of which I'd never heard before. I could see that it was having an effect as the chef turned pale and then an odd shade of green.

Just then, he vomited all over the decorations. As you can well imagine, he was lo mein on the totem pole from that day forward.

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, I've had a problem with basketball since Kobe's beef with Shaq.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
(still reelin' over Bob's prior one)

(and trying to find a good pun for Hoisin...)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That's plum crazy.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, it is as if you don't evr read my puns. I already used the lo mein on the totem pole joke.

I rhink it's really saki that you did that to me. Do I need to Tsingtao you, or what?

genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
A guy named Isin was in the Enderverse one day and passed Bean on the street. Bean called out, "Ho, Isin!"

(I know it's not funny, but I used "hoisin" like Sopwith was trying to do.)

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll stay on my perch outside of this thread, I might get grilled if I step inside.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
That pun bites. "Say's who," you may ask. Sesame.

?

(I know, that's horrible)

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a bit on the Roughy side, but I took it with a grain of salt.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
A goon tried to rob a seafood store. He ran into the place carrying a gun. He yelled, "Everybody freeze."

One of the crustaceans by the door managed to flee.

"Who ran out of here!" demanded the goon. To which the store manager replied, "Crab Ran Goon."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

A man was trying to steal some items from a store. He snuck in to the store, took some meat, and snuck back out.

Unfortunately, some hungry, mangy stray dogs were loping by in the alley, and smelled the meat. They attacked the poor man, who ran down the street yelling:

I've been curred!!!!!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Elizabeth, I'm sorry, I totally missed your lo mein joke. Drat. Of course, mine is a double pun, so I figure you get credit for the "low man on the totem pole" literalism whereas I actually got the lo mein on an actual totem pole (this was in Juneau after all...)

[Wink]

Anyway, sorry I missed your earlier one.

Oh, and you you used "lo, mein" before that too!!! So...

[Big Grin]

Anyway, ma po head hurts and it's frequin' late, er, early.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.