FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Name that Chamber Choir!

Author Topic: Name that Chamber Choir!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This fall I'll be teaching two choirs at the high school (and a whole bunch of Kindergarten, but that's another story). One of them I will call "The Concert Choir" ("And we shall call it...This Land."). [Big Grin] The other one is going to be a smaller, auditioned, snappy choir that does jazz, some dancing, some madrigals and classical chamber music...you know the type.

I want to give the kids some name options to vote on so we can be cool. My friend named his chamber choir the Sensations (cute) and several other chamber choir names I've heard are The Choralaires (don't like it), The Crimsonaires (cheesy. So red is their school color! who cares?), Madrigals (basic, but useful), and Panache (cute).

I know you'll have some brilliant ideas. We are Sherwood High School in Sherwood, Oregon. Our mascot is The Bowmen (silly, I know) and our colors are burgandy and black. It's a great set up for a Robin Hood name (I've already thought of the Merry Men, but I just don't think that would work), and I can't think of one.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should call it "Your Grave!"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The Pitch Benders?

Tonal Tribulation?

Lockley's Louts?

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeoman's Yodeling?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I like the name Resonance, honestly, all joking aside.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We had one that did more preformance stuff and was limited to 12 members and semi-autonomous (kind of the same idea, I think.) It was called the Charismatics, and I think that's a cool name. So why not do it that way, since you like the Sensations and I like the Charismatics-- choose an attribute or something and name it after that? Like, the Dynamics or something. (I know that one's kind of lame, but there are better words out there. Just think of the attributes you want the group to have.)

(And Kwea beat me to it with Resonance while I was refreshing my memory on Robin Hood! [Wink] )

If you're going with Robin Hood, let's see...
The Foresters
The Bards (because of the ambiguous meaning of the word, it could fit or not, as you choose to interpret it; Robin had a bard, Allen-a-Dale)

That's all I can think of right now. Sorry.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a women's choir at my high school called Bel Canto (beautiful singing in Italian). I thought that was cool.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a choir my sophmore year of high school called "Con Brio" (With fire (or burning) in Italian).

I'll have to think about this Robin Hood thing... [Smile]

So exciting!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Bel Canto is the name of a book right now as well, and I think of several singing groups.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Good names guys! It doesn't have to be Robin Hood, but I'm wondering if there is a brilliant Robin Hood name that I just haven't thought of. Probably not. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.