FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SO in Bloomington

Author Topic: SO in Bloomington
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to clutter up Raia's thread.

I'll be visiting central Indiana the weekend of the 26th, and on my way back home on the 27th (Saturday) could swing through Bloomington and meet some of you for lunch. Is anyone free that day/up for it?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to! I could finally give you that baby stuff I made you that I finished forever ago and has been sitting in a drawer, waiting for my lazy self to get motivated enough to mail it [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be around... and as of now... i won't be working...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this is a definate thing now, if anyone is interested. I'm not sure about the exact time yet, as I'm trying to make brunch plans with family earlier in the morning, but I can definately come through Bloomington if anyone wants to meet up.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not by any chance driving through Greencastle, are you?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I missed this the first time through! I'm free on Saturday to hang out. Just let me know a time, and we can all decide on a place. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Hmm...my weekend plans aren't really set yet, so I'm not sure whether I can make it. But I will definitely try, I'd hate to miss it!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

So who's coming and what time do you want to meet up? I would rather not eat later than 3 your time if that's ok. Just let me know!

Oh - is there someone who can exchange cell phone numbers with me in case I get lost, stuck in traffic, etc.?

space opera

edit: Raia, sorry. My friends/family are just south of Indianapolis. [Frown]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to work a fundraiser for the animal shelter at 1, not sure what time it'll end.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

bump for anyone else who needs to see the thread

If we can get a time/place decided by tomorrow evening that would be ideal. Thursday might be the last time I have net access again till Saturday evening after I get back home.

I'll be coming in via St. Rd. 44 West(Franklin) to St. Rd. 37 South (Bloomington). If we can pick somewhere near the side of Bloomington where I'll end up that would be much appreciated as I have a tendancy to get lost!

space opera

Space Opera
Member # 6504

thread, I hereby bumpeth thee

space opera

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thrice?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Okay, it looks like I'll be able to do this [Smile] But if you're going west on Highway 44 from Franklin, where it Ts into Highway 37 puts you on the north side of Martinsville, which is still about 20 miles north of Bloomington. (Heh...you'll be driving right past the ferret shelter where my husband is on the board of directors when you come down 44 [Smile] ) So you'll need to turn south (left) on 37 and go about another 20 miles before you start seeing signs for Bloomington.

That brings you into Bloomington from the north; offhand I can't think of any good/interesting places to eat on that side of town. But 37 turns into College Avenue, which is kind of the main drag through downtown, so you could probably find one of our many good and interesting restaurants in the downtown area pretty easily. I have a tradition of dragging any and all out-of-town friends who come to visit to the Runcible Spoon, but if anyone has objections to that, I'm fine with going somewhere else. About what time will you be getting here, Space Opera?

I can't wait to finally meet you! [Big Grin]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Yay!! I can be there any time in the afternoon, but was wanting to have adequate time between the brunch with my family and lunch with you guys to take a break. About how long do you estimate it will take me to drive down from Franklin?

space opera

Stray
Member # 4056

Hmm...I've never driven that myself. It's about 40 miles; Expedia estimates a bit less than an hour, probably because 44 is a 2-lane highway and you can't go as fast. Figure on 45 minutes to an hour, I guess.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Ok, so let's plan to eat at the Runcible Spoon...say...3:00? If that's too late just let me know. Stray, I'm going to go ahead and e-mail you my cell phone number.

Mr. Opera has our computer fixed (again!) so I should be able to check on here at least once more tomorrow to make sure the plan is okay.

Stray, if you could post how to get to the restaurant that would be great. Easy landmarks would really help; I will also check mapquest if I have time.

space opera, who is quite excited!!

Megan
Member # 5290

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get this til now...the last few days have been rough. I can be at the Runcible Spoon at 3:00, too! [Smile]

How to get to the restaurant from 37:

Get off 37 at 45/46 toward Bloomington (there are two exits possible there--you want the one going east toward Bloomington; it'll be the second of the two exits). Once on 45/46, go past the Harley shop and through one light (Kinser Pike) to the next light, which is Walnut/College (the road is divided south of 45/46) and make a right. (There's a Denny's and a car rental place at this intersection). Follow this road through a whole bunch of lights (I'm not sure how many), and eventually you'll come to the town square. You'll make a left onto 6th Street, which will be the first cross street of the square that you come to. The Runcible Spoon is 4-5 blocks down on the right, across from a parking garage.

I hope that helps a bit; see you this afternoon!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Uh, Megan, you do realize that she's coming down tomorrow and not today, right?

(Right? Cause man, I'm gonna feel like a total idiot if I'm wrong.)

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Yep, tomorrow. Megan, will you still be able to make it? I hope so. Thanks for the directions.

space opera

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
SO, Library, it's an easy landmark, about a block or two before runcible spoon.

It really doesn't look like I can make it, but I might, don't count on me.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

[Blushing]

I didn't realize that, but now I do, and I can still make it tomorrow. [Big Grin]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Hope you all had fun, I was at Mills pool till about 20 minutes ago and now am about to nap.
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
You won't by any chance be in Ohio, will you?
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.