FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Because you know you want it: more Firefly/Serenity news

Author Topic: Because you know you want it: more Firefly/Serenity news
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The movie's momentum is picking up the pace. Behind-the-scenes trailers are showing in AMC theaters, posters are popping up in all theaters, and rating for the reruns on SciFi (Friday nights at 7 pm) are comparable to the ratings for their heavy hitter shows.

The mainstream media is catching on, and articles about Serenity will be appearing here: CFQ (September issue), Co-Ed Magazine (Fall issue), Dreamwatch (September issue), Femme Fatales (September issue), Sci-Fi Magazine (September/October issue), Entertainment Weekly (August 12th issue), Latina (September issue), Paste (August/September issue), Premiere (October issue), Starlog (October issue), TV Guide (September 25th issue), Wired (September issue), and Wizard (September issue).

Indiagames has announced that they're developing a cellphone game based on Serenity (warning, game description contains spoilers).

The Best Buy release of Battlestar Galactica UK Season 1 included a promo disc for Serenity, with interviews with Joss and the cast, behind the scenes shots, and a look at the fans. Contains some spoilers.

There are weekly podcasts called The Signal available through iTunes or by going to their site, www.serenityfirefly.com . News, interviews, Chinese lessons, and more.

Issue #2 of the Serenity comic is out from Dark Horse comics. There are three issues in this series, with three different covers for each, giving each character their own cover. The series explains what happened between the TV show and the movie.

Latest info available at the official site. Gettin' closer...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I'm so excited.

I just watched Objects in Space last night with commentary. (It was my first time with commentary.)

Wow. Amazing. If you watch that and then watch the movie trailers, September 30th just seems too far away...

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
MSN has a behind-the-scenes video with some of the stuff from the BSG promo disc, along with a few new bits. Caution, spoilers.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is a Firefly thread I have a question...
My cousins are going to be coming over for dinner tonight and tonight is the next episode of Firefly. Would it be ok if I let my cousin watch the tonight's episode of Firefly, since he didn't see The Pilot? Is there anything in tonight's episode that won't make sense since he didn't see the two-hour one?

Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Nope. Tonight's episode is the 2nd in the series, but the first one that was aired. Because they were told to create, essentially, another pilot but with more action, this episode takes pains to introduce the characters and the relationships. The exposition gets a little forced in the beginning to get you up to speed, but it's as good a jumping on point as any.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.