FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cheer me up please

Author Topic: Cheer me up please
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow is my birthday.

And I am getting a great present (TIVO) and my son is making me a painting and my wife is making me chocolate silk pie so I should be feeling great.

Unfortunately we've learned that a law change in India means our wait for a second child may go 2 years now.

And my present boss invested in a major convention, to the point the will be unable to meet payroll for the next three months. That means my choices are to go unpaid or get a new job, or work part time until my lay off is over.

I have a growing self-confidence problem with my sales skills because of this and a lack of sales which I know are not my fault but...

this also puts off our adoption since I need to be employed and insured for it to move forward.

So I am in a nice purple funk, with mauve trim and a speckling of rose colored thunderclouds.

There is only one thing for me to do.

Come to Hatrack and get cheered up. Enough Self Pity. Who wants to make me laugh.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, cool! How young are you? [Big Grin]

quote:
Remember: while you have to grow older, you don't have to grow up.
-Dan Raven

From my personal quotations file.

And also:

quote:
The most important advice for biz meetings--the one with the biggest bladder wins.
- Dan Raven

Not sure how that fits into the thread, but what the heck... [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*lifts dan's shirt and blows a raspberry on his belly*

that help?

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
How come you have to wait two years to get a child, and people like Angelina Jolie can just fly over to Ethiopia and bring one home?

'Tis not fair.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Have you looked at Angelina Jolie lately? Sheesh...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
If Angelina Jolie came to my house, I might be tempted to give her one of my kids...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you suggesting Dan get an enlargement?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're hawt; here's a baby"?

Maybe Dan_raven needs to make a spy-movie?

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

FG, the difference is India v.s. Ethiopia. India has laws and rules designed to help their children. Ethiopia is still so chaotic that $$ wins over children most often. I'm sure I could buy a dozen or so.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I just made doughnuts, Dan. Have one.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

If Angelina Jolie came to my house, I'd act like a kid. I wonder if that counts for something...
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

mmmm donuts

If Angelina Jolie came to my house, I'd be tempted to make a kid with her, but my wife would object, with a large sharp object or two.

Corwin
Member # 5705

[whispers so that Dan can't hear] Guys, let's get Angelina Jolie to his house as a birthday present! [Evil Laugh] [/whisper]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Jim-Me is out right now, but speaking as his ego... I volunteer to be bait for the Angelina Jolie scheme.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*lifts dan's shirt and blows a raspberry on his belly*

Creepiest post of the day!
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughing over all the Angelina Jolie statements*

*juggles elephants for Dan_Raven*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by scottneb:
Creepiest post of the day!

I'd like to thank my parents who were there for me at the beginning... *orchestra starts playing theme to the Academy Awards as rest of the speech is drowned out*
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
How crummy, Dan! Is there anything more frustrating than international adoption laws? Andrew and I wanted to adopt from China years ago and we couldn't b/c I was too young. I'm still too young, but by the time we're ready for another one (or two), I'll be old enough.

I'm not good at cheering people up online, but whenever I'm blue I read Television Without Pity until I feel better.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
How crummy, Dan! Is there anything more frustrating than international adoption laws? Andrew and I wanted to adopt from China years ago and we couldn't b/c I was too young. I'm still too young, but by the time we're ready for another one (or two), I'll be old enough.

I'm not good at cheering people up online, but whenever I'm blue I read Television Without Pity until I feel better.

They write such funny things about that annoying show Seven Heaven.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

mmmm Angelina Jolie

mmmm Angelina Jolie's sports bras.

((Whack))

Ouch!. Sorry dear.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.