FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me find this video...

Author Topic: Help me find this video...
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I recently saw a commercial for a cell phone company (Motorola I believe) where a European man starts singing the Carpenters song "Close to You" to a Japanese man. I thought that it was really funny and can't find it anywhere.

So, I thought to myself, "Self, who might be able to help with this." To which my self replied, "Self, don't be stupid. You really should know better. Ask the Hatrackers. They know everything about the internet."

So here I am. Help me Obi-Hatrack. You're my only hope.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It took me twice to figure out that the first guy was singing in Swedish (Norwegian? Finnish? All the same, no? [Razz] ) and the second guy singing in Japanese. The point of this being that it was about the two companies - Erickson and Sony - working together to create that new phone.

Pretty funny though, once I got it.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Thanks Annie. At least I know who made the commercial now.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*I can't believe I just spent 1/2 hour looking for this*

(unsuccessfully)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

...sorry...
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the first guy was singing in German (but I'd have to hear it again). And by the way, Finnish is not related to Scandinavian languages; it's a Uralic language, not Indo-European, and it's related to languages like Estonian, Karelian, Hungarian, and Sami.
[/pedantry]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.