FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Firefly" hit #2 on Amazon's DVD sales list

Author Topic: "Firefly" hit #2 on Amazon's DVD sales list
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Currently at #3 (the Simpsons Season 6 preorder bumped it back down), Firefly, a cancelled, half-finshed series, is outselling the Star Wars trilogy.

You have no idea how much this cheers me up.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Star Wars trilogy has also been out for a few months.

But then, the Firefly DVDs have been out for what, a year? Movie fervor is growing!!!!

A friend of mine is counting down the days until the comic is released. It explains what happened between the last episode and the movie. Something to tide me over for the movie.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The show was cancelled in 2002, the DVD set came out in 2003. Interest has been rising since the trailer and the advance screenings, and it's been in the top 10 for the last two weeks.

And still, you mention it to most people and you get a blank stare. Sigh.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I mention it to people and then drag them to my house to watch the dvd's.

Is that wrong?

Also, I'm making a brown coat, and I intend to wear it every time I see the movie.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
This is off-topic, but I finally got your sn, kwsni. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a good excuse to watch them again yourself [Smile]

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered my DVDs this week, so I'm a proud contributor to the ranking. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting to see that Lost is already at #25 and it doesn't even release until Sept 6th. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean, people at one point STOP watching them? I have to watch at least one disc a week. Something connects to firefly, and I have to watch it.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
Never seen it, but I know it's much praised. I hated shows like Buffy and Charmed though, so I don't know how much I'd like it or not.

I wonder if the film will spawn a TV franchise revival?

Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly is far superior to Buffy and Charmed.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

It's... different. I like Buffy a lot, never got into Charmed. Firefly doesn't have the pop culture references or cheesy horror satires that Buffy did. It does have the same habit of writing to character instead of plot, and of never letting you assume you know what's going to happen next.
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the pilot ( i think it was the pilot.. the two hour long episode) and i just couldnt get past the cheesy effects, and costuming. It just didn't do it for me
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.