FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I quit my Job

Author Topic: I quit my Job
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I did the right thing...
Only time will tell.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Syn. I hope the right thing comes along soon.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((Lynn))
I assume you mean your grocery job, not your newer temp job.
I know you hated the grocery job.
It will work out for the best, I have a feeling. [Smile]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Syn!
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so nervous and hope I do well at the other job.
At least I'll be able to concentrate more on it without having the thought of dragging myself to the other job hanging over my head.
And, I quit before I got fired. Which means I can still shop at the supermarket without shame.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck. Onwards and upwards.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Syn))) So you have another job at the moment?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I do.
But I am still going, "What was I thinking!?! My mother will lecture me!"

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Boa sorte.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

"Boa sorte?"
At least I am almost over my fear of offices.

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! I mean, that sucks that you're out of a job, but I'm sure that if you put as much energy into finding a better job as you did into going to your old one, you'll find something good in no time. Best of luck, both on your next job and on surviving the intermediate period.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I put a ton of energy into finding a job before I quit.
I tried about 5 temp places, knowing it would be easier to get a job through an agency than without one.
Broadview Staffing got me a job on the same day.
I'm still in shock. [Big Grin] !

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you for finding a new job before quitting the old one. [Smile] I know how unhappy you've been there.

And if your mom lectures you, point out those two things. She just wants you to be happy, neh?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
syn, Boa sorte means "Good Luck" in Portuguese.

So, Boa sorte

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

How cool!

I still think I should have waited at least a week before quitting though, especially since I'm not that good at the job yet...
So impulsive...

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishin' you the best with the new job!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it all works out well! I know not being stressed is better.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Now I am just worried about doing the best possible job at my new job...
Full time work rocks!

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Syn!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I am extremely causiously happy about my new temp job.
I still have to be careful not to get too happy and slack off.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Copy pasting letters and doing this SinF thing. I really like it compared to bagging, but I must be careful not to get to relaxed and complacent because NOTHING COULD BE WORSE than getting fired.
Getting fired is the ultimate dishonour.

Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I quit my job today too. Best of luck to you!
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of things are worse than being fired. I hope you never find out what any of them are though.

Working at a job you WISH would fire you is one of them, take my word for it...lol...

I have only been fired twice, and both of them were throw away jobs I was about to quit.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Same as everybody said.

But triple congrats on finding another job before quitting. That was very important.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.