FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Celtic Woman"

Author Topic: "Celtic Woman"
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!! Saw them on PBS yesterday... BLEW me away! Seriously... they are angels... I was crying all over the place. Some of the clearest voices I've ever heard.

Check it!
http://www.celticwoman.com/
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it. I wasn't horribly impressed with most of it. There were good parts, and parts with no soul; the fiddler girl was too stilted most of the time, although when she started getting into it she was very good. The same for most of the singers; while their tone was good, much of the time they were concentrating too much on where to stand and how to hold themselves, and, presumably, not letting their dresses fall down. (Except for one girl; the heavier girl in blue was wonderful every time I saw her.) But they're young. They'll get over it, and learn. They definitely have talent, and performing for vast international audiences has got to be hardest the first time. [Wink]

I have to say, though, that some of the musical arrangements did nothing for me. I think some were awesome, but some were like, what were these arrangers thinking?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't too impressed with the SWOOPING and diving camera... like.. every ten seconds they were zooming from one side of the stage to the other. That was a little cheezy. And the exstreme closeups. But all in all I really digged it. [Smile] I also love that straight-back diva pose. [Wink] Mmmm... my little roman statues...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I admit you do have to give them points for singing or fiddling (especially fiddling!) in those dresses.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
So this is what I've been hearing from upstairs this morning!

It's all your fault, Karl!

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of agree with kq. I watched "You Raise Me Up," and thw two girls on the left seemed to just be singing a song. No real feeling or emotion on their faces. Only the girl on the right semeed to really care about what she was singing. I would love to watch just her sing.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I watched most of it, and it did get better the further into it I got. (Except for some of the choices of songs.)
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
So this is what I've been hearing from upstairs this morning!

It's all your fault, Karl!

Muwahahaha!
[Razz]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.