FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Flood in the Bathroom

Author Topic: Flood in the Bathroom
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Who else but me would overflow the bathtub damaging several books in the process?
There's about 3 inches of water on the ground.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of people.

Trust me, I would know. [Big Grin] I used to work at a hotel that had jacuzzis in most rooms, and of course, I worked the graveyard shift, which was when more people tended to use them.

We had people who'd set the jacuzzi to fill, then go to the restaurant for a meal or the bar for a few drinks, or down the hall to a friend's room to shoot the breeze while they waited. Meanwhile, it overflowed, leaking from their room (why, oh why, did it happen with the higher floors more often than not?) on the twelfth floor down to the eleventh, tenth, ninth, and so on to the ballrooms on the third and the dining room on the second. . .

You get the drift. [Roll Eyes] It happened often enough that maintenance got really good at estimating the cost of repairs, which we ALWAYS charged back to the guest.

Let me see, at least a half dozen times a month for sure. Probably, during the summer, a dozen or two when it was busy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, me! [Razz]

For me, it's kind of like a new dorm/hotel/apartment/room initiation experience. Whenever I try a new shower, really. I manage to flood the entire room, and spend the next hour mopping it up.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I got sheets and clothes all over the floor and will have to pick them up and hang them outside -_-
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
At least it was the tub and not the toilet... <shudder>
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, great point, GS. Great point. The thought of that just squicks me out. *shudder* Especially after a bout of explosive. . . Well, never mind. *whistles innocently*
*flees thread*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever our tub or toilet overflowed (or even if soemone was carelss with the shower curtain), the water would drip down the vent in the floor. that vent leads directly to the vent in my ceiling. Right over my bookshelf. [Grumble]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up really early one morning and fell alseep with my finger on the flusher. You can imagine how that worked out. [Angst]

Edit: I read that over, and it sounded weird. I fell alseep and instead of falling over, I just leaned up against tthe wall. I guess it would have been pretty odd if I was just standing there, huh?

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.