FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » katharina needs a camera. And someone is a good "sharer".

Author Topic: katharina needs a camera. And someone is a good "sharer".
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
A digital camera. Now, she hasn't started this thread yet, so I'll assume she's either forgotten or is too modest to ask for a favor. But I post this out of complete self-interest.

You see, she's going to Spain, and I want pictures. And I know she's busy, and if she uses a regular camera, she will most probably not scan, upload and post them. Besides, she doesn't even have a regular camera. And I need pictures. Really, I do.

So*, here's my plea: if anyone has an old digital camera, unused since you got a new one, please, offer it to Katie. She's not particular; it doesn't have to have great definition, and point-and-click is perfect. Just something she can use to record her trip and make sure Hatrack gets to share it with her.

Do any of you wonderful people have a camera that fits the bill?

[ June 08, 2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie has no camera and no one cares? [Cry]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I care but I only own one digital camera and I'm too selfish to give it up. Wishing Katie luck in finding a freebie and a most wonderful excursion.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

See, that's what we're looking for. You can contribute good luck vibes here even if you don't have a camera to give her. [Smile]
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
No. I don't honestly give a rip.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
she will most probably not scan, upload and post them
But she'll get them developed eventually, at which time she can pay the extra $2 to have them put onto a CD. Voila. Pictures are on the interweb.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, trips! I took a week long trip to Italy in April two years ago and it was great. It would have been even better but I went with a friend who constantly tried to improve me the whole trip. I've been imagining the fun of taking the trip to Spain with you. I won't do that, of course.

However, I did get a new digital camera for my trip to Italy. It's a Nikon coolpix 4300 which is a 4megapixel camera. It takes great pics, is easy to use. Just leaving it on auto works great and there are options for nighttime or museum (flashless) pictures and so on. I got it with all the stuff I'd need for a weeklong trip to Europe like a large 512 MB memory card, extra batteries, etc. I got great pictures.

I certainly can't give up my camera. I'm thinking digital is new enough that most Hatrack people aren't ready to give up their first camera this soon. However, my camera DOES like traveling so I'd be happy to have you borrow it for a month or so. Play with it a couple weeks beforehand, take it to Spain etc, then upload the pics somehow (not sure the best way yet, maybe a camera store would help you put them on a CD?) and then give the camera and parts back to me.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Look, Katie! Theca will loan you a camera! [Big Grin]
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Theca))) You're a sweetie Theca. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Theca is one of the most generous and considerate people I know. I still remember how she loaned us sweaters out of her car when we all had to leave the motel in the middle of the night due to a fire alarm while at KamaCon.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
No. I don't honestly give a rip.

::hands on hips::

Then what was the point in posting?

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no way!

You guys are so incredibly darling. [Smile] [Smile] KQ, thank you for making this thread. I was indeed reluctant. And thank you, Theca, for the offer to loan it. I will take very, very good care of it, and get lots of pictures of Hatrackers. Oh my goodness. [Smile] [Smile]

We aren't going until September, but I'll e-mail before then, and we can arrange. Y'all are so sweet to me. Thank you! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be nice to have hatrackers' pictures taken on my camera. I was too shy at Kamacon to even pull the camera out of my bag. [Frown]

I would ask you to erase this thread and we can discuss the details quietly later this summer except that I suppose it is possible someone might be ready to donate a camera for keeps and from Kat's POV that would perhaps be better than just getting to borrow a camera. Even though my camera is really good (for ameteurs like us anyway). So you might as well keep the thread active.

You COULD take my name out of the title though, please? [Smile]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Theca, too shy to take pictures? We're gonna have to break you of that!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And what's wrong with being a good sharer? [Kiss]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.