FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Okay, I need your help finding a movie.

Author Topic: Okay, I need your help finding a movie.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a movie about a horror author, and the things that he writes become real. I don't remember any of the actors who were in it.

Basically, the story is that this famous author goes missing, and this insurance adjuster guy is sent to go find him with the publicist, and they find a city that isn't on any map that looks exactly like the place the author writes about.

Oh, and it opens in an insane asylum. Because there's been an outbreak of paranoid schizophrenia.

I for some reason associate this movie with Lord of Illusions, but I'm not sure if that's because there's some real connection, or just because we rented them at about the same time.

Must. Find. Movie. Please help? [Smile]

-Pearce

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The movie in question is In the Mouth of Madness, starring Sam Neil and loosely based on the writing of HP Lovecraft.

I really wanted to like this movie, but found it got less scary as it went along. It starts fairly creepy and mysterious, but then they explain too much of it so instead of being scared I'd think "Ok, well that makes sense then."

I do give it one star for axe-fu, though.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what you described sounds a lot like In the Mouth of Madness.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.