FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bodies of Missing Georgia Toddlers Found

Author Topic: Bodies of Missing Georgia Toddlers Found
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Bodies of Missing Georgia Toddlers Found

Sick sick sick

[ April 25, 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Missing Georgia Toddlers Found Dead

quote:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says Nicole and Jonah Payne -- missing since Saturday -- were found in a sanitation pond about a mile and a half from their lakeside house in rural Warren County.

Bankhead says that "at this time" there is no indication of foul play. He says authorities are trying to determine whether the children might have wandered off and fallen into the pond.

A mile and a half? Isn't that a bit far for a couple of toddlers? And they both fell in?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

I have to say, though, I walked a mile or more on a regular basis when I was 2 and 3-- always while holding a parent's or sister's hand, though. But why, why, why do you not watch your children so they can't go out the door? [Cry]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the children, not really.

It wouldn't take much for them to get out the door, get lost while exploring and meet with an accidental end.

Although pending an autopsy, I wouldn't rule anything out at the moment.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor, if I had a two and three year old, I would not let them out of my sight if I thought they were the adventerous type. Ever. For a minute. And if they weren't the adventerous type, I'd still have three deadbolts on the door, too high for them to reach without assistance, and furniture too heavy for them to move, and check on them every three to five minutes.

Of course, I'm hoping that her story is true. [Frown]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Ketchup, but let's face it - you are a responsible and loving parent.

That doesn't necessarily hold true for the rest of humanity.

However, I will concede carelessness does not equal malice, so I will defer personal judgement until more facts are in.

-Trevor

Edit: Even if you did let me take KP flying. [Big Grin]

[ April 25, 2005, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.