FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Beverly - Or, SO hates exams and chemical spills

Author Topic: Beverly - Or, SO hates exams and chemical spills
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I typed out a reply to your e-mail and accidently deleted it. I'm leaving in 3 hours to take my MFAT exam, so I'll send you out another reply soon. I'd type another up now, but I've yet to actually study for my MFAT. Guess I should go do that.

space opera

[ March 18, 2005, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders what MFAT stands for*

In the context of music theory, it stands for a very well-known book called Musical Form and Transformation.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*snorks*

I don't know what it stands for, actually. It's a heck of a long English exam required for graduation.

And notice I'm still not studying. Hey - it's multiple choice.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

pffft...multiple choice! You'll be fine, then! [Big Grin]

Unless, of course, you're looking for someone to kick you in the butt and make you study...

In which case, get your operatic tushy moving! [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
http://campus.umr.edu/assess/instrumt/mfat.html
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Glad to know what's up.

Good luck on your test!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
A multiple choice English exam? How does that work?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Which of the following phrases is English?

a. Joie de vie
b. Dar um Jeito
c. Deja vu
d. All of the above.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

ooh - KarlEd, I will look for that question!

Teshi, I think the way it works for the most part is that you get passages from different works. On some you'll be asked to identify the writer, or the movement, etc. Or you might be asked the time period during which a certain writer wrote. They'll be others about meter I'm sure. I hate meter. You're not expected to know everything, since there's no way to take every class offered. For instance, I didn't take Romantic Lit. so I'll have no clue on those kinds of questions. I'm pretty sure I'm expected to pass, though. [Angst]

Next month comes the rest of the test - a 3 hour essay with no hint as to what the question will focus on. Yay!

space opera

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Space Opera!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

It was horrible. [Cry] I have a feeling that I will need to do *very* well on the other part of the exam. Even the few people who actually studied said they thought they did badly.

And even worse...instead of my normal 90 minute drive home, due to a chemical spill on the interstate it took me 5 hours. [Grumble]

space opera

Megan
Member # 5290

Awww....

I'm sorry [Frown]

*hugs*

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that SUCKS. It once took me eight hours to get home from Houston because of road problems.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!

(Although being to me the idea of being tested for English with multiple choice is pretty crazy! But if there's an essay too, that's not so bad.)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which of the following phrases is English?

a. Joie de vie
b. Dar um Jeito
c. Deja vu
d. All of the above.

[ROFL]
(That took me longer than it should have to figure that out.)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.