FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lamb: The Gospel According the Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend

Author Topic: Lamb: The Gospel According the Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
All right, it's very cold in my apartment and very hard to type, so I'll keep it short and not-so-sweet and be prepared for lots of spelling errors. In retrospect, this might have been discussed before, but I already typed it out and my hands are cold and I'm not changing it.

I just read this book today, and I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. It has a very strong Good Omens and Terry Pratchett vibe to it. Chistopher Moore fills in Christ's very incomplete biography by giving him a crass, sarcastic, and sinful sidekick, Levi who is called Biff (Biff being a term for a smack upside the head, which he needs every other moment).

The book is clever, witty, and inspired, and it really humanizes Christ in a lot of ways I sure never thought of. For instance, how stunned he was at thirteen to learn that he cannot "know" a woman, and his insistent demands to Biff to fill him in on every detail. The idea of Christ as a horny teen was, well, something I had never thought of before, I'm very glad to say. The book is heavily dialogue-based and moves very fast with little description, but I found myself laughing out loud throughout most of it.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.