FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Really freakin cool practical jokes.

Author Topic: Really freakin cool practical jokes.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw on Comedy central once, that you should walk up to a guy in an airport. Stare at him for some time, and eventually get very serious, and say, "Don't get on the plane."
I figure it would be seriously funny to do that. Although I don't think I would ever actually do it.
Another one I heard of was going into a fast food place and ordering something thats not on the menu.
What do you think would make a really good joke to play on someone?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't do the airport one. Airports are not good places for practical jokes.

I love the one that Chris Bridges shared a long time ago with dressing up tomatoes and stalking a person with them. Chris, can you describe it again?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I learned all my practical jokes in the BYU dorms.

Bring in the phone from the dorm room next door and ducttape the receiver of that phone to the mouthpiece of your phone and vice-versa. Then dial a different number on each phone, and let the two folks talk to each other. Risk getting arrested for listening to or taping the whole conversation. Pipe the audio into the AUX input of your stereo and blast the conversation down the hall. Call a couple that just broke up. Get a third person with a foreign accent who's in on the joke to pretend to be an overseas operator.

Probably only works at BYU, where the conversation will always be G-rated. "Oh my heck!"

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Steal their username.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Un-lit firecracker under the burner of a gas stove.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Use a shop vac to pump all the styrofoam beans in a bean bag chair under a door.

Tie two doors across a hallway from each other together so they can't open. The real kicker: putting enough slack so each door can be open a couple inches.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Dag, you forgot to knock on both doors.
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Steal their username.
You should add: "...and spend hours explaining the joke to scottneb."
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Place saran-wrap over the lip of the toilet, being sure that you get all the little wrinkles out of it. This joke is much better if other people in the house are inebriated or in the process of becoming so. that way you have some gaurantee that there will be someone using it soon.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a fan of practical jokes.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Before a party, fill up your medicine chest with marbles, using sheet of cardboard to hold them in. Close the door, then slide the cardboard out.

When the inevitable snoopy party guest goes rummaging through the medicine cabinet, all the marbles come out and go crashing around on the tiles, making a huge racket.

Upon hearing this you immediately start banging on the door and rattling the knob, faking genuine concern. "Are you all right? Did you hurt yourself? What's going on in there." etc

It's a good gag if you have the right friends. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
When I worked in retail, we would always try to get a security tag onto our co-worker's clothes. If you can get one on the bottom of their shoes, they're doomed, nobody ever looks there.

Then when the alarm goes off you act all suspicious, call security over, etc.

A hard-nosed boss will freak out at this, but you can own up to it or play innocent, either way.

[ March 15, 2005, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Mormo ]

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Dag, you forgot to knock on both doors.
It's the moment of dawning comprehension I live for.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Put a rubber band around the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink. Every time someone turns on the sink, they get sprayed! [Evil Laugh]

Works pretty well...you'll even get yourself sometimes... [Wink]

[ March 15, 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband's dorm room got pranked by some girls once who put a piece of cheese in the light. When the lights were turned on, it started to smell, and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
My 11-year-old nephew pulled the rubber-band-around-the-spray-nozzle trick on me last week. Being a good aunt, I shrieked and jumped and shrieked again. I think I made his week. He was very very very thrilled to have "finally gotten somebody!!!"
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I always put a space whenever someone is trying to log in on a website. They can never tell why their username and password don't work.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh! These are horrible! I can just imagine what you guys are going to do to Bob n Dana's car after their wedding..... [Eek!]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I always put a space whenever someone is trying to log in on a website. They can never tell why their username and password don't work.
I don't get it. When somebody is trying to log in, you yell "Stop! I must fix something here!", and then hit the space bar to mess them up? [Dont Know]

[ March 16, 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: AntiCool ]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

get the girl playing the music to play something technoish or something more modern.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Well, we here have a network of computers, so whenever you want to log in you can do it in any of them. Well, in the username bar, place a space. When anyone tries to log in, in takes them a while to figure out why they can't...
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
AH back in the dorms! The RA (resident advisor) went out of town for the weekend, and some of her friends came an put a fake wall over her door, so when she came back her room seemed to be just... gone.

A Mom's joke (as featured in family fun magazine) Make a dinner with courses, but make all the food look like something else. Cupcakes for the main course, but they are actually meatloaf with pastel tinted mashed potatoes on top as frosting. Chicken stir fry that has green fruit roll ups cut and molded to look like snow peas and dried apples for the chicken. Pizza that has jelly for the sauce and cashews as the mushrooms, and melted white chocolate as the cheese.

There is a restraunt in town which serves ice cream baked potatoes it is icecream that looks exactly like a baked potato even down to a scoop of what lookes like butter in the middle... aaah, the look on my son's face when we ordered him a baked potato for dessert... and they brought one!

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother once served "green eggs and ham" to my great aunt.

But the funny tasting hot dog, with a green stripe, that she wouldn't believe me about... until she came over and freaked out was totally genuine.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom made green orange juice one year. [Razz]

If you ever go away from college for the weekend, close your window. My dad told me about a guy at his school that went away for the weekend and left the window open. Every time someone walked by the window, they would toss a newspaper in. By the time the guy came back, his room was full of newspapers.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There was a fireworks war in my suite first year, which I stayed out of. I guess I was too smug about staying out of it, because someone through a string of black cats into the shower. I couldn't hear for about 5 minutes.

I lined up about 6 non-exploding bottle rockets under his door and lit them off. Unfortunately, I forgot he had a pet rabbit. I also didn't know he had a girl in there.

Both bunny and girl reacted very badly.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

When I was in Yearbook Camp last August, one of the guys had the brilliant idea of microwaving the soap bars we were given and them throwing them to the walls. Since the bars were very hot, they would explode.
To get rid of the penetrating smell of the soap, another guy, put Oreo cookies inside a styrofoam cup and left it for three minutes. Before the time was up, the micorwave started smoking. My friend, Flor, panicked, opened the microwave and the entre ball of smoke escaped. setting off the smoke detectors.
Guess how that went.
The camp director, the camp councelors, even the police was there to check if we had any marijuana.
It was so hilarious!!!

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if you put transmission fluid on a tailpipe it makes some really nice, thick smoke.

You can unscrew the face of a lightswitch and hide an egg/piece of chicken/live crickets in there.

Or, if your friend is allergic to peanuts, put a drop of peanut oil in their food or beverage, and prepare to laugh yourself silly as he or she vomits wildly. This might also kill them, however, so make sure you don't like that friend much or they don't like you. I reccommend sleeping with their significant other. In fact, scratch the peanut thing, just sleep with their significant other. Boy, that one's a corker! Haha, the joke's on you, bud!

(the last one is a joke. Not a good one, but a joke nonetheless)

[ March 16, 2005, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.