FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need help coming up with a title..................

Author Topic: I need help coming up with a title..................
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Before anyone starts asking, no I have not written the book yet. But I was planning on starting sometime soon, but I can't come up with a title(which shouldn't be a problem but I find myself unable to start writing without a title). The book is about a kid who tries to rescue his kidnapped goldfish. There is a lot of crazy stuff, for example a talking mailbox that plays basketball. On the cover, I would like to have a picture of a goldfish. All I need now is a title. Help me! [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The Fish that Wasn't There

My Fish Flew (the Coop)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'd like it to be short and sweet. And clever too.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Write the book first. Give it a working title, something boring that you will have to change later. After you have written the book, thought about the themes, read the great lines over and over again, then you will just know.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
How the Goldfish Got His Groove Back [Big Grin]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Fishnapped

The Fishnapping

Finding "insert fish name" unless that's already taken...

Trouble With Gills

Swimming Upstream

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trouble With Gills
Nah, just Gill Trouble!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I really like Swimming Upstream. That can be my title in progress. I'll start writing sometime soon and let you guys know how it goes. I'm still open to suggestions.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Goldie's Gone!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Something Fishy

*is lame*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I've changed my mind. I think I am going to use this idea for NaNoWriMo. So I won't need a title for awhile, which means I'll be open to suggestions for awhile. [Razz]
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is nice.

Or since it's about basketball, and basketball is about money: Thar's Gold in Them Thar Fish

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
So does the mailbox kind of hop around on its pole to play or what? How does it dribble?

[Confused]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
A Fish and His Boy
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Course'n Harlan is sue happy
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay he picked my idea for like fifteen minutes!

Was that my fifteen minutes of fame?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
The Fish That Saved Pittsburg
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.