FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wire

Author Topic: The Wire
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wire
season one, episode one

Ext. night: Rivulets of blood creep across pavement, flashing in the lights of a police cruiser, we pan across a body, and police investigating. Overlooking the scene from a tenement stoop are a young black guy and a 30ish male cop, Det. McNulty, seated side by side.

DM: So your boy's name was what?
YBG: Snot.
DM: Called the guy Snot?
YBG: Snot Boogie
DM: God. Snot Boogie. You like the name?
YBG: What?
DM: Snot Boogie.
YBG: quiet, looks on
DM: This kid, whose mama went to the trouble to christen him Omar Isaah Betts... You know, he forgets his jacket, his nose starts running and some *******, instead of giving him a Kleenex, he calls him "Snot". So he's Snot forever. Doesn't seem fair.
YBG: Life just be that way, I guess.

DM: So, who shot Snot?
YBG: I ain't goin' to no court.
pause, filled only by the barking of dogs, somewhere in the neighborhood
YBG: Mother ****er didn't have to put no cap in him though.
DM: Definitely not.
YBG: He coulda just whooped his *** like we always whoop his ***.
DM: I agree with you.
YBG: He killed Snot. Snot been doing the same **** since I don't know how long. You don't kill a man over some bull****.

YBG: I'm sayin': every Friday night in an alley behind the Cut Rate, we rollin' bones, you know? I mean all them boys, we roll til late.
DM: Alley crap game, right?
YBG: Like every time, Snot, he'd fade a few shooters, play it out til the pot's deep. Snatch and run.
DM: What, every time?
YBG: Couldn't help hisself.
DM: Let me understand. Every Friday night, you and your boys are shootin? crap, right? And every Friday night, your pal Snot Boogie... he'd wait til there's cash on the ground and he'd grab it and run away? You let him do that?
YBG: We'd catch him and beat his *** but ain't nobody ever go past that.

DM: I've gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away... why'd you even let him in the game?
YBG: What?
DM: Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why'd you let him play?
YBG: Got to. It's America, man.

Discuss.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I see. =(
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I never much cared for The Wire...

We much prefer "Deadwood", or, as we call it "****sucker" after the word they use the most in the show.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.