FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is 16 years old too young to dive?

Author Topic: Is 16 years old too young to dive?
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Never dobie'd before. Thought I'd try it. Sorry.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was doing my guard-training, the instructor showed a tape of assorted stupid things people have done and tried to sue for. It's crazy, what people can get away with. Of course, there's usually alcohol involved before someone is stupid enough to try to dive into three inches of water.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Guy (adult) dives from a boat into shallow muddy water. Owner of boat was liable for damages.

But 16 isn't too young to dive as long as the teenager has taken a PADI or NAUI certified course and understands the dangers.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend started diving when she was five/six. she is now compeditive at the provincial leval. i dove for 2 years, when I was 12-13, and enjoyed it a lot. Especialy the 10-m platform [Big Grin]

So absolutly not, 16 is not to young to dive.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.