FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who Hates to be Spoiled?

Author Topic: Who Hates to be Spoiled?
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Not rich brat spoiled, I mean when it comes to movies spoiled.

I rarely care. I never go to the movie just to see how it ends or what happens to whom. I look at a movie and am interested in how it is made, more than what is being made. I like seeing the actors, director, cinematography, score, and writing come together to make a good movie. I do not go for "I know X, and I know Y, but will that lead to Z?"

I spoiled the hell out of myself when LOTR came out. I wanted to hear every little plot change they were making. I didn't want to be surprised at all. Pretty much whenever any movie is coming out that I'm into I find out everything I can about it. This is not only because I'm impatient, but usually because it has to do with some original source material that they might be butchering wildly.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I love to be spoiled.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers are the root of all evil.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I know! For instance, I know pretty much every major plot point of Batman Begins and Sin City. Just ask me, and I'll tell.

Fantastic Four and War of the Worlds?.... Eh. Not so much.

EDIT: I thought that one guy online proved girls are the root of all evil?

Jeez.... if you can't believe anything you randomly read off the internet... what can you trust?

[ February 24, 2005, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Speaking of spoilers, who here wants to see a new pic from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the movie. Anything I've already read is fair game - Harry Potter, H2G2, and the like. Most movies I don't really care about, BUT... I know nothing about Episode 3 save the title and the main stars. And that Natalie Portman finally dies (I hope).

And I want to know NOTHING else until 19 May.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care about having movies spoiled, because I really don't get emotionally attached to movies.

I don't like my books spoiled, though. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*rubs hands evilly* I could point you to some sites with detailed plot summaries and still shots to go with them...

...but I won't. *looks angelic*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks [Smile]

See, I knew everything about Episode 2 before it hit - heck, I'd already seen it. And I didn't like it. I didn't know much about Episode 1 before it hit and I thought it was fun.

I'm really hoping knowing absolutely nothing will make this one decent for me.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

That's not the reason you didn't like Ep. II.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers* I liked Ep. II. Except the name. And I thought Ep. I was tolerable, for what it was, though I'm not as into it as Ketchup Prince Consort. *glances around furtively*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

*stones kq*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*dies* *is encased in cyborg body* *turns to the dark side* *Force-chokes anti-cool*
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's one way to keep from spoiling.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate being spoiled. There is nothing cooler than being completely surprised by something. I knew nothing about either The Matrix or Fight Club coming in. And granted, I would've loved both of them anyway, but it just made it all the better not to know.

Leonide is a loser and loves spoilers. Even though she pretends not to. She does. Like next weeks Lost. That <insert derogatory name for female here>.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I loooove spoilers, of all varieties. I want to know what happens in my stories, and I want to know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, durn it!
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.