FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have a hammer!

Author Topic: I have a hammer!
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone need nails pounded into anything? Just give me a surface, and I'll fill it full of nails! [Big Grin]

In other news, I also have a set of screwdrivers. And a toaster, a food processor, dishes, cutlery, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, sheets, and a duvet. I am officially Ready To Move. Well, once this stuff is all packed, that is (that'd be tomorrow's task). Oh, and I also have some of those brass thingies you use to hang paintings (coincidentally, I will be using the hammer to nail in the nails and then the thingies to hang the posters and prints from; some of the prints are presently being mounted and framed and whatnot). So I can pretty much show up at my swank bachelor pad, buy food and beer, and start my life.

Lamps, a desk, and maybe a coffee table I will procure from Ikea in the first week. Or maybe I'll order beforehand so they're delivered the day after I arrive... ooooooooo. Sneaky. [Big Grin]

On the subject of prints: I plan to get some of fiazko's super-cool black and white photos of male hands playing musical instruments, but for contrast I want to find some black and white pictures of female hands playing musical instruments (right now any instrument will do, I want to get in the ballpark before I start to get picky). Anyone know where I can find such prints?

(Naturally I will be Googling myself when I am at home tomorrow, rather than using borrowed time at the hospital.)

So. Countdown beginning, we'll soon be aloft!

(This thread has no particular point other than the sharing of good tidings. Feel free to post even if it's only to inflate your postcount -- also feel free to not post at all and let the thread wither and die; this thread has served its purpose, with respect to my sanity, merely by being posted. [Smile] )

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

*Considers home improvement projects*

Nope, no hammering needed at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Razz]

I am also willing to award massive retroactive points if you caught the reference in the thread title and first line. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I think you should hammer in the morning. (nods)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I take it you got that engineering job you were interviewing for?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, there's this poster that's been lying in my room for six months because I keep forgetting to borrow a hammer from someone and put it up. And I just got a calendar in the mail (kyrie [Kiss] ) that needs hammering, too!

But unfortunately, I think you're a little far away for me to use your services.

(edit: I'll hammer in the morning! [Wink] )

(edit again: Ryuko beat me. [Grumble] )

[ February 23, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

The Simpsons! Bart!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Righteous, dude.

You should totally move here, you know.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an oboe and I know how to use it! I do not, however, know where you can get prints of people playing the oboe, black and white or not. :/ Sorry!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I need some justice, freedom, and love between my brothers and my sisters all over this land hammered out. Can you do that?

(I know, we're all on that song. But how can you help it?)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
God, it's great to be male.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I just want to say that I seriously considered using the word "nailed" in my initial post on this thread and decided against it.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Simpsons! Bart!
Heh, for some reason I wanted to say it was from Get Fuzzy, but you're probably right.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I just want to say that I seriously considered using the word "nailed" in my initial post on this thread and decided against it.
But then how will Twinky ever know whether or not you need to be nai-

Oh.

[ February 23, 2005, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
hammer in the morning, hammer in the evening, hammer at supper time. When hammer's on a bagel you can eat hammer anytime.....^_^
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

BtL wins. Why would I ever reference The Simpsons when I could reference Calvin & Hobbes? [Big Grin] (Besides, while The Simpsons isn't bad, I much prefer Futurama.)

I, too, considered using 'nailed.' But I decided against it so as not to potentially spoil the nefarious scheme I am concocting in my mind regarding a certain potentially awkward moment that may arise at some point in the future.

You know, Ralphie, you won't be so far away. Could be I'll be out in your direction someday. If so, I'll stop by for a pint with you and Meat Dan, if he's interested. [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

That's a lot of potential you've got going there.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Where ya moving from/to?

Hey, we need some hammering done here, so yeah, wanna come over?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I also prefer Futurama. I should have known that it was Calvin. All I knew was that in my head it was a loud-mouthed spiky-headed blonde.
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Must...Not...Dobie
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... I think ELJay said twinky has potential.

Hmmmm..........

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Must...Not...Dobie
quote:
Too late. I dobied with Hummer > [Smile]
In that case, I hope you die in a vat of molten hot lava of emphysema. And lava.

You know, you could just do it within the thread. Like, "I Am Hammered!" and have a linky. Like that.

It's an idea. Mull it over.

[ February 24, 2005, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Boris
Member # 6935

Too late. I dobied with Hummer > [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You missed it, Ralphie. He did dobie it, and that post was just to bump it up to the top of the page so you'd see both of them together. Unless you're being facetious, in which case just let me say that that link is abso-flippin'-lutely hilarious.
Boris
Member # 6935

Hey, I didn't go to that link the first time. Funny [Smile]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Yeah, I know! That's why you should listen to me!

It's like I've been trying to say this whole time!

twinky
Member # 693

I tried to come up with some pun on potential and voltage, but it's morning and I've got nothin'.

One of my classic university student t-shirts says "Sure could go for a" followed by a picture of a Hummer.

The most important item of all should be arriving by post today -- a case (12 bottles) of Palestinian olive oil. I can't live without olive oil. [Big Grin]

Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
I tried to come up with some pun on potential and voltage
Shocking.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.