FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » stickers on my Big Wheel...

Author Topic: stickers on my Big Wheel...
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Back when kung fu grip was the big deal there was the Big Wheel. Countless afternoons were spent outdoors as i rode mine all over the neighborhood. When it snowed, we would flip our Big Wheels upside down and crank the pedals. Out would spew brown chocolatey "ice cream" that none of us dared to put in our mouths. The point is this thing was staple of my childhood and i was saddened to learn they have become hard to come buy, even at garage sales. I was thrilled to read about their comeback and availability as htey are being created once again from the original manufacturers, in all of their original unmodified glory. Big Wheel found here

according to the page, they came back in 2003, so why am i just discovering this today?

man im gonna get each of my kids one.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize they ever stopped making them. I loved my Big Wheel, but I hated that annoying backrest. I never used it, did you Ben?

The best thing to do with a Big Wheel is to race it down hill and then spin it out, skidding calmly (if it's yourself) or watching others panic and tumble.
Just like NASCAR, the crashes are what you watch for.

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
dude! backrest was annoying.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember drooling over Big Wheels and Green Machines in the JC Penny's christmas catalog, and gazing longingly at them in Kmart, but my parents refused to buy me one, pointing out (reasonably, in retrospect) that we lived in the country, where there were no sidewalks, on a gravel road where a big wheel would be pretty much useless. I remember pointing out that there was a paved road (a fairly busy one) just a block away, but somehow this didn't convince them.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben, I hope you weren't planning on a landmark at 1000 posts...'cause I just suckered you.
[Evil Laugh]

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But at least we agree on the annoying backrest. [Dont Know]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
BIG WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!1 I Loved my Big Wheel! We used to do the skid thing too, pedaling fast and then suddenly backpedalling to hit the brakes, so to speak, to the point where we actually wore through the plastic of the front tire. I think between the two sibs and I, we wore out 5 of those things!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.