FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bailey's Crossroads

Author Topic: Bailey's Crossroads
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I will be at the signing. Hopefully, this time we'll be there in time enough to get a number in the low 100's.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Last time, I was #1. [Razz]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to miss that one and the DC one.

Please, please add a weekend signing. I don't have Friday classes!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Last time I was number #4 at Bailey's Crossroads.

This time I won't be anything since I now live in Ohio for school. [Grumble]

Even worse, this time there's one much much closer to me (the D.C. one).

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this just a regular signing? We didn't have numbers or anything at the signing I went to, just a line. Anyway, though I obviously wouldn't want to be at the very back of the line, I wouldn't want to be at the very front either. I wouldn't want to get it over with too quickly.

And the next time, if OSC suggests going to P. F. Changs with a bunch of fans, I darn well plan to join them! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
At the last one, we were #200 something. And, of course, OSC has to be all personable and stuff. . . so he takes five minutes per signing.

We had to leave before they even got to 200.

Alas.

But we did hear him speak! And my wife gained an appreciation for his sense of humor, and we got to have a quiet dinner together, so the trip was worth it.

And we stalked CalvinMaker all around the store. He never saw that we saw him. . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember how I brought my entire collection?

Card signed it all. He was so nice about it.

I honestly wasn't expecting to get it all signed. I was just being an immature 17 year old and wanted to show off what I had, and OSC was like, "Cmon, you know you didn't bring all that here to not get it signed."

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And we stalked CalvinMaker all around the store. He never saw that we saw him. . .
I met a bunch of other Jatraqueros that night and we had fun talking about Noah's obliviousness. We waved, called out his name, etc. and he never noticed us.

Of course we were also the group that didn't think to get numbers, so after OSC's talk, we went and got dinner and then hung around until the end to get our books signed. We even had a nice group photo with OSC, but I never saw the pics.

And although I no longer live in the DC area, I will actually be in town that week, so I may just have to head down to Bailey's Xroads.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My wife and I will be at the signing.
I first read this as "My wife and I will be singing." I thought, oh cool! Bailey's Crossroads must be a musical or something!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I see this thread, I have this vague idea in my mind that it's about Bailey's Irish Cream or something.

We could make up a drink. It'd be fun. [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.