FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Just Can't Be Happy Today

Author Topic: I Just Can't Be Happy Today
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
No, this isn't about the song by The Damned...

I'm so stressed out about this project at work. I feel like the guy in last weeks episode of 24 (vagued up to prevent spoilers) "I can do it, but if I make a mistake millions could die!"

If I mess up this project it'll cost the company a great deal of time and money... I called microsoft and got their blessing on the procedure I planned to use (at the cost of $250) but I've never done this exact thing before. I don't think anyone had since I spent two weeks on line researching what I should do and testing other alternitives (none of which worked.) Now I'm doing the solution that seems the easiest but there's no going back if it doesn't work.

No, I'm not going to say what it is because I don't need solutions. At least, not the kind I could get here. I need a microsoft approved solution that I already have and scares me. What I need is to post this note and whine...

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Pix)))

I'm sorry. Wish I could help.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Pix, I don't imagine it will help at all, but I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear that it went fine. I can empathize with the position you're describing.

And I'll be more than happy to buy you a beer when it works out.

[ February 03, 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: jeniwren ]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] Should I get my 72 hour kits ready? (Pix)
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
Scalpel... Clamp... Keyboard...

Break a leg, Pix. [Angst] [Angst] We're rootin' for you!

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
What you need now is some ritual painting of the face.

Good Luck

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm past one of the biggest hurdles and it's working.

I have a very long and very scary process of backing stuff up and copying before I remove the old servers which is the last biggest hurdle of no return (to mix a metaphore)

Things are looking up! [Roll Eyes] for now [Angst]

Thanks for the support guys =) It cheered me up!

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Pix))) *crosses fingers that everything goes alright*
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that because the hurdle had a 'One Way' sign on it? Or because the other side has a sign that says '3 kittys will be born with only 2 legs if you jump back over this' ?

::wishes you the best of luck::

Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Well I'd been putting off the last step for like 2 weeks.

Today I turned off the old email server for good. It's no longer our "front end" to the world. Now it's a self-rebooting paperweight. Our other old email server has been turned off for good for two weeks with no complaints.

The New Email server has all the mailboxes, is performing every exchange task perfectly, is being virus scanned and spam filtered, and is serving our OWA. All by itself and not the nightmare of interdependancy I cleared up.

Unless someone comes in and complains they're not getting their email, the nightmare is over.

[Party]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
supermegahappydance!!!!
[The Wave]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So that thing that you were scared witless about doing and screwing up and costing tonnes of money if you screwed up worked like a charm? Hot damn! [The Wave]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! (((Pix))) That's so good to hear!! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Thanks guys =) there were some horrifying moments (like when I thought I lost the big bosses email [Eek!] ) but it's all over and work is quiet again....

Until the NEXT big nightmare!

IT = Bordom or Panic

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.