FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ibook slick

Author Topic: ibook slick
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm drooling.

A friend of mine just got an ibook G4. She got an extra RAM stick and asked me to install it. So, I installed it. Naturally, I wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up, so I turned it on and cruised a bit to make sure all systems were go.

This thing is slick. It looks good, feels good, and the interface is great.

Holy crap, I want an ibook. o_O I never thought I'd say this.

And I type this as I've got duct tape on my laptop monitor's case near the hinge because it cracked when I opened it up this morning.

No, I didn't drop it. I OPENED it. So I have duct tape on my case.

*sigh*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
My (Compaq) laptop has also cracked near the hinge. It's not that bad yet, but I can see this being a problem a few years down the road.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders in looking extremely dishevelled and exhausted*

I can attest to the awesomeness of the ibook. I have one, and I love it. Its my personal companion, I take it practically everywhere. It went with me to Scottland its often the only thing I pack when going on a trip. Its full of all sorts of fun stuff, and has taken quite a bit of punishment (both softwarely and hardwarely) and still works like... well almost like a charm. I think a screwed up a few minor things, but eh, that comes with the territory of running lots of open source things, messing too much with the operating system, and coding ones own applications and programs.

*looks satisfied with himself and wanders off looking somewhat the better for having been here.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, iBooks aren't bad.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
We saved up our money after our PC died to buy an iBook, but then they released the new iMacs and I couldn't resist.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Apple just released revised PowerBooks, in case anyone is interested.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! They're still G4s!
Someday, long after the G5 is obsolete, Apple will finally come out with a G5 Powerbook.

*grumble*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, there are some cool additions on this one, like the option on the 15 and 17in to hook up the ginormous 30in Cinema display. And the fall protection is nice.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
FALL PROTECTION!

*dies*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister's Powerbook is pretty cool - I wouldn't mind having one - even if it's G4 not G5.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
There are some problems with how hot the G5 runs right now. I don't see them putting out a G5 Powerbook anytime in the near future.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
iBooks rock. [Smile]

*hugs her iBook*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
We just got my mum an iBook. So far she is very happy with it. It helps pass the time in the hospital waiting rooms, anyway (she plays Mah Jong). And I must confess that if I wasn't happy with my dual G5 I'd be eyeing some sort of svelte 12" wireless-enabled notebook myself, for portable email and audio recording.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.