FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm feeling mystical...

Author Topic: I'm feeling mystical...
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
...I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt and feeling all magical...

*dances slowly around the room*

Where are the Fair Folk when I need them? Where is my faerie wand?

*ties a garland around his head with ribbon*

Mmm... [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, listening to her does make me want to dance around a maypole or something with flowers in my hair.
There are other bands that have that same effect like Love Spirals Downward. I forgot the name of the song, but it sounds like maidens covorting.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where is my faerie wand?

[ROFL]

Not saying anything... [Kiss]

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Telp [Kiss]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, Loreena is amazing, isn't her? My favorite song is "The Bonny Swans", followed closely by "The Lady of Shallott".
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I like her rendition of The Highwayman.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Marco Polo, for me. And Santiago. And Full Circle. And, oh, Prospero's Speech.

Hell, I love all of it.

*braids a garland into her hair and dances around*

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. I love the Lady of Shallott as well. My favorite of hers so far is her setting of that text from Cymbeline.

"Fear no more the heat o' the sun..."

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Tlep, where did you leave it last?

Wait, don't answer that..PLEAASE don't answer.....

[Big Grin]

Kwea [Monkeys]

[ January 31, 2005, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea... [Laugh]

[ROFL]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Full Circle ranks as my #1 most beautiful song ever.

And romany - that was great.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The artists that make me feel that way are Connie Dover and Niamh Parsons. I don't like Lorena McKennitt, for some reason.

[ January 31, 2005, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, the best thing you can do in a moment like that is dance. You must. I remember being inspired on an early spring day. I put on my wedding dress (it's a simple one) and pulled out my veil. Then I went outside and danced on the lawn barefoot. It was lovely.

After that, I started celebrating the May Revel.

I use "The Highwayman" when I sub... I have a picture book version, and I sing it to the students. They become spellbound. It's my secret weapon, especially for the noisiest craziest classes. It always work.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Another Connie Dover fan! [Kiss] kq! Most people I know have never heard of her!

I do like Loreena McKennit, though. All Souls Night is my favorite.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a place where I can download some of Loreena's music? I didnt find any of her songs on iTunes.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are naughty...
[No No]

hehe
[Smile]
[ROFL]

good one guys...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Derrel, at her site, www.quinlanroad.com, there is a link where you can download (paid, of course) her songs, I believe.

Tell us if you have any success finding it.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats. I went to the download section of her web site and found the following:

For contractual reasons, digital downloads are not presently available to US-based customers

[Frown]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.