FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Asexual Marriage/Spongebob thread was deleted?(yes, by accident)

Author Topic: The Asexual Marriage/Spongebob thread was deleted?(yes, by accident)
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it that bad? It was about how the creator of Spongebob said Spongebob is asexual, not homosexual, as the religious leader tried to say.

[ January 29, 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Um, I am really dum, just so everyone is clear. I added the Spongebob quote and checked the delete box instead of the edit box.
Duh.
I didn't think it was that bad, although I was thinking that I might have offended anyone who is asexual, which was not my intent.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I even spelled "Dumb" wrong. See what I mean?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the images of SpongeBob in his tighty-whities were causing a stir.

Everyone had to take a cold shower.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, now I'll never know if anyone found my "budding" comment funny. [Frown]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you even have to ask?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Mr. Krabs: I didn't want to tell you this in front of Patrick, but that hat makes you look like a girl.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Am I a pretty girl?

Mr. Krabs: Yes, yes, you're- you're beautiful."

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, there was a thread about asexualism and I missed it! O_o
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Myr, not only was asexualism mentioned, but you were, too!
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

[Eek!] [Angst]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, not in the same sentence, Myr. It was more like "Where is Myr?" of "If only Myr were here."
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, let me get it straight (no pun intended).

Asexualism is the lack of sexual preference?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Oh, I see, hehe.

JH: If you want to be technical about it, http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/10/14/asexual.study/index.html

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Not really, Jonathan. I was thinking about this, semantically, and it is kind of odd.
Being asexual means that there is just no interest in sex at all, it is not really an orientation either way.

However, scientifically, it means an animal that can reproduce by a means other than sexual. For instance, a creature that just sort of divides.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, Myr, let's have an "A Pride Parade."

From the article:

"Asexuality: it's not just for amoebas anymore."

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

*giggle*

I want that shirt! [Big Grin]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take yours, Jonathon.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I really wish they would find a new moderator for this board.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, actually, SpongeBob is asexual because he's a sponge. Sponges don't have gender, so they are technically asexual, in the literal sense. Lots if creatures reproduce asexually.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I really wish they would find a new moderator for this board.
I'm pretty sure Liz said she's the one who deleted it.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon - the mods didn't delete the thread - Elizabeth deleted it herself accidentally, read the thread before knocking our mods, why don't you?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Considering what doesn't get deleted, I don' thin' so, StormSaxon. More than anything, the comparative innocuousness of the theads which end up being deleted points to a forum-program glitch.
eg Elizabeth admits to hitting a delete by accident, but she doesn't say whether it was while editing the topic/first posting or while editing a subsequent posting. Who is to say that something weird like eg depressing a key and deleting at the same time doesn't cause a thread to self-destruct?

Crud, there is certainly something flaky about my setup. I can barely brush upon the mouse -- ie without clicking -- while typing, and come up with a screen indicative of use of the control function. Recently I did that, and all of the on-screen controls (including those within this forum) ended up on the mirror-opposite side of my monitor.

[ January 29, 2005, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"but she doesn't say whether it was while editing the topic/first posting or while editing a subsequent posting."

Oh, sorry. It was an attempt to edit the topic title. I remember clicking the box up on the left, but it didn't make sense until later that that is what happened. I think I clicked it because it was close to the title. It is just what my non-direction-following fifth graders would have done.

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
gack ! There are substantative facts behind those charges.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

So, is this saying he has finally come out of the pineapple?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.