FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Writing job opening in my department, if you're interested...

Author Topic: Writing job opening in my department, if you're interested...
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
No, not my position. I'm not leaving. But another writer did, and the position is open. Here's the job posting:

http://www.nuskinenterprises.com/postingviewer/jobview.jsp?jobPostId=591

Obviously, you'd have to live in Provo, Utah. It's a great company and a great department to work in. The hiring manager, the creative manager over the team you'd be working in, is one of the most cool and laid back guys in the world. The writer who left was very sad to be leaving, but they were moving east where her husband had a very lucrative job offer.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
If I lived in Utah, I would apply. [Smile]
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Utah, and I have health marketing experience. But it's kind of far. P.S. by health marketing, I mean complying with FDA/FTC restrictions and stuff. It was at a biomedical company.

[ January 07, 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

This is straight copywriting, although the open position is in the team that handles the computer technology division. But all the writers in the department eventually end up writing for all the different things they need copy for.

It's a fun job, IMO, and you'd have the added bonus of working with ME. :winning smile:

BTW, I won't be part of the hiring process. I might help read the writing/editing tests, but I won't be making the final decision.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
But having you as a reference on the resume wouldn't hurt anyone, right?
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

I'd be honored. [Smile] Can I do that, being an insider?
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
The job closes January 11th. Too bad Jon Boy and I don't graduate until the end of April. This sounds like it would be right up my (our) alley. I'm thinking, actually, that Jon Boy is looking for something a little heavier on the editing side of things, but I love the writing side of things as much or more than editing. [Smile]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Well, Ruth, I'll try to keep you informed if there are any more openings after this semester. Either of you would have a good time here, I think.
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Provo AND I'm a free-lance editor/writer, but I'll be off somewhere getting my Ph.D. in the fall.
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Nuts. You would do great here, Dante.
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
AFR -- I sent that link home and will follow it later. If I could use you as a reference on the resume that would be great. I don't see an e-mail in your profile, though, so I'm gonna have to ask you to use mine to send me that info, if that's okay.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a great job. It also sounds like something that is very creative/labor intensive, but that isn't a bad thing.

Too bad I don't live in Utah.

Or have a degree.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.