FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh my stars, I HATE being sick...

Author Topic: Oh my stars, I HATE being sick...
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been exactly a week, and it seems like all the germs are simply taking turns. I'm better from what laid me waste last Friday, was fine on Sunday, but came down with something cold/lung/snot-machine like on Monday and it's STILL WITH ME. [Frown] *pouts*

Who else is sick? Banna still is, I know. Elizabeth isn't quite running races, but thank heavens she's with us.

[ January 07, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Doctor.

PIP (Paranoid Infection Police)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((Katie))))))))
To quote Mack, "Why aren't you on aim?"

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs amira* Cuz I'm supposed to be working and three projects are due by the end of the day.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
it might be an alien life form...
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible that this is Frisco's doing? He is wiley, after all.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been coughing non-stop -- but suffering from no other symptoms of anything -- for three weeks. It gets annoying.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy I share a cube with has been doing the same thing Tom. I've been worried that I'd get it, but it would seem that my immune system was up to the task.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I hope you feel better.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
My best freind has been sick this week with a wierd and very nasty virus. My mom was sick last week. I think I got some less-virulent strain of whatever this bug going around is, because I've been in contact with very sick people since then and havn't come down with anything. I count my blessings.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Katie

I've been a walking, coughing, phlegm factory for going on 6 weeks now. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I'm going *back* to the walk-in clinic. (Third trip.)

Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

Noemon, that would be quite dastardly and therefor a good move. It does seem possible.

In all likelihood, I am getting better, and therefore am well enough to whine. When I was really sick, I just wanted to crawl into a hole and lick my wounds and not face any of it. Now I'm just amusing myself with the Earth Kitt/Carol Channing voice that sounds like twenty years of booze and cigarettes.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents are both sick today. Yesterday it was just dad. I'm hoping that I'm not in for it as well, since SOMEBODY has to take care of them.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm down too. The advantage of being a grad student : You can stay home from work a couple of days. Not really serious, just a sore throat and a slight fever, plus total and utter lethargy. [/symptoms]

Misery loves company.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If I get sick it will be because I was at the doctor today. They had an emergency or two, and I was in the waiting room for over an hour with sick people.

I hope everyone feels better soon. Rest. Fluids. Laughter.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Doctor. Now. I was sick for at least 10 days before I went in, and I got yelled at, as I said before because I was on my way to pneumonia. I actually may call him today cause I'm coughing again.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.