FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh, my Lord !

Author Topic: Oh, my Lord !
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Two extraterrestrial attacks on our planet destroy the human race mainly. Survivants form a government and involve children to fight against these invaders. These boys and girls, among whom Petra, Alai and Bonzo appear, learn the combat with the laser sabre and the play from the quidditch, Dear to Harry Potter, which is played on flying brushes
This is a translation of the synopsis of Ender's game movie take in the most important french website of movies.

[Angst] [Angst] [Angst]

I am afraid... I hope this is a mistake.
Please, tell me it's wrong !!! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding ? Where did you find that ? Link, please !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

link?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

I got it in the www.allocine.fr.
Exactly here !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Le type a du boire pas mal avant d'écrire ça. Bien sûr que c'est n'importe quoi ! Allociné n'est pas parole d'évangile, tout de même !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Oui, mais il a plutôt une bonne réputation.
Anna
Member # 2582

Je sais, c'est là que je vais aussi. En l'occurence, ça doit être de l'humour à deux balles à mon avis.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
*lightbulb moment

Anna and Choobak, if I buy a book and study the French language on my own, would you be so kind as to review my attempts at posting in French?

I will send treats. [Smile] (Really, I will -- I still have Anna's address.)

I am working on transitioning to Canada, and it is a bilingual (French and English) country.

please please please please please please please

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Your welcome in our french world [Wink] We are please to help you. [Smile]

[ January 06, 2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] [The Wave] [Kiss]

I have a book, and once I pass a test later this month, I'm going to hold you to it.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

[Hat]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

[Big Grin]
Anna
Member # 2582

Of course, Sara ! And you don't need to send treats. [Wink] I'm so happy with my gift !
If you needed it, my e-mail adress is in my profile. I check it practically everyday.

[ January 06, 2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I wanna see the movie where Harry Potter and Ender become bestest buddies.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Ender would "accidentally" break Harry's nose/face.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Sara sasse

My E-mail : spawn007@free.fr

Please, use a french title to your futur message : I trash all english title because it's spam all times.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Au ancien Galactic Cactus nous avions un "fil francais." Peut-etre c'est possible ici.

(Je suis desolee, mais je ne sais pas ecrire les accents sur cet ordinateur.)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

[ROFL] I love when you write in french Annie !
But what is a galactic Cactus ?

Anna
Member # 2582

It's another site in which some of us write. BTW, I don't think it could work here because Hatrack is too fast... It's better with smaller forums like galacticcactus, because you don't have to dig to find the thread back when you need it.

[ January 06, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, I'd reccomend you edit your post to make it not recognizable as an email address: spawn007 at free.fr. Make sure to remove the link.

Otherwise, you're leaving yourself open for spam email harvesters.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
"l'humour à deux balles"

Is this what it sounds like? I love French. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Heh. I wanna see the movie where Harry Potter and Ender become bestest buddies.
I wanna see them play a quiddich match in the game room against Bonzo, Draco, and Annakin.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Quiddich with the freeze-rays and suits would be fun.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

afr : actually, no. "balle" in this context is the familiar word for "franc" , that is, before the euro. "l'humour à deux balles" would be humour with no value.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
What if the anti-gravity technology screws up the Firebolt's performance?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
The nature of ending quidditch vs. a battleroom game is interesting to consider. Prior to Ender, it was assumed that systematic elimination of the enemy was necessary. But I trust that if and when the movie is produced, the director will take into consideration the need to distinguish between the two.

Quidditch is just a game to show off flying skills at a school for magic. Hogwart's heart is the cafeteria. The battle room is the heart of Battle school, or at least should be.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
afr: HAHA, that's what I thought too.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Thanks for your advice Dagonee.

I can't imagine a Ender like H. Potter, because he keep his feelings for him and stay a rock.
HP express all his feelings and let get out his anger or his sadness. they are antagonist.
Finally, HP is nearer of Anakin than nearer of Ender.

Could Somebody give me a real and better synopsis than this f...... one ?

Anna
Member # 2582

I guess that "read the book" would be a good advive ? [Wink] just kidding.
Choobak
Member # 7083

Good advise [Big Grin]

But a movie is not a book. I just hope he will be fidèle.

Anna
Member # 2582

Can't be. Look at Harry Potter. Not bad movies, but not faithfull to the book either.
Choobak
Member # 7083

Especially the last.
Anna
Member # 2582

Right. In some sides, that made it a better movie (except for the dubbling which was awful ! I saw it in English when it went out, and I saw it in French last week. The French version is horrific, half the time the actors seem to recitate somethings they learnt and not acting !)

[ January 07, 2005, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Choobak
Member # 7083

Exactly !! I saw Original version too, and french dubbling is bad. I prefer Canadian. It's funny to heard actors speak a very good French and use a perfect English accent to pronounce names.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.