FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Congratulations USC, Undefeated Bowl Series Champs!!

Author Topic: Congratulations USC, Undefeated Bowl Series Champs!!
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to each and every team that was the best team in college football this year, including USC, the BS champ.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the BS champ.
gee, and all this time I thought that was my brother... [Wink]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*gloomy* We sucked. We couldn't hang onto the ball if it had had a handle on it!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Taunt] to U$C
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
ESPN the Mag had the bet solution to this whole mess...kick out the 2 NFC wild card teams and let the top two college teams in. Can't do worse than Minnesota.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, c'mon.. Let us westerners have some glory. USC did very well, and I bet they would have beaten Auburn too...
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
Any college team would get pasted by professionals, and everyone in position to make any kind of decision knows it.

And USC isn't as good as that game made them look. Oklahoma just played REALLY bad. Auburn also played really bad against Virginia. The game I'd like to see: Utah and USC.

(Or else I'd like to have seen Wisconsin and USC, before the Michigan St. meltdown that destroyed our season... *sigh*)

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Auburn also played really bad against Virginia.
Ahem. I think you forgot a very important "Tech" in that sentence. Im going to go out on a limb and speak for all Virginia Tech and Virginia fans on the board when I say please don't confuse the two schools. Besides, I'm sure UVA is very proud of their trip to Boise. [Wink]

All three undefeated teams had amazing seasons and deserve all the accolades they get. However, I'm not certain any NCAA team could have beat USC last night.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry - I know a Virginia Tech fan and it's fun to tick him off [Smile] I was just confused about who'd played.
Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
No problem. You should get to know some UVA fans - they're fun to tick off too... [Big Grin]
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't sell Auburn or Tech short - Tech would have crushed OU last night. Two ball-control teams played a low-scoring game. No surprise there. Auburn one because they controlled better.

USC would have a much harder time against Auburn. Penalizing anyone for a win is ridiculous, and is what OU slip ahead of Auburn in the first place.

Of course, had Auburn gone to the "championship" game, OU would have had a legitimate gripe, as do Utah and Auburn now. A team that wins every game should be the champion. In order for that to happen, only one team should be able to win any game.

Which means: PLAYOFFS.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so warm and fuzzy knowing my team is one of those being mentioned in these conversations in a positive way. I suspect I will never again see such a season from the Utes, but one can always hope.

And I, too, would have liked to see Utah vs. USC, or even vs. Auburn.

Didn't BYU do better against USC than Oklahoma did? Or at least about the same?

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Virginia Tech did much better. USC outplayed them, but Tech could have one the game, and Tech is much better now.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.