FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Post Christmas Blues--A pity party, but with darn good reason

Author Topic: Post Christmas Blues--A pity party, but with darn good reason
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Monday, ah Monday. December 27th, the first day back to work for all of us not on School schedules.

I hate Monday.

Sunday night I started working around the house just after Sasha went to sleep. I soon became too tired to do so, and was very cold. I went to bed.

I woke up at the alarm, got cleaned and dressed, and for the heck of it, took my temp.

Since this is not a busy week at my work, and 100.5 temp is not a good thing, I took the day off. Cindy got up a little later and took Sasha to the doctor so I stayed at home and slept.

I did call work and told them I was sick. The boss was understanding, but wanted me to call him back later in the day.

That afternoon I took my temp again. 102.3

Cindy called me. Sasha's ear infection is not getting much better, and his lungs are getting congested. More medicine for him, and more crankyness until he gets better.

She herself has a cough.

I took some tylenol, and started to feel a bit better. Apparently I was so out of it because of the fever I forgot to take aspirin/tylenol to bring my fever down.

Duh.

I recalled the boss.

He was a pleasant. He too is all white and apparently sick. However, that is not important he said. What is important is that they decided to move ahead with their consolidation plans of the two offices. This means everyone from 2 different offices will be shoehorned into one. Since I was the most recently hired, and had not had a fantastic selling spree (I was in training) I was one of the unlucky ones they decided to let go.

I was fired over the phone, while worried about my son's health and battling a 3 digit temp.

Hey, they will pay me throughout the end of the week. They have my stuff. Just stop on by and pick it and a check up.

It appears that time has just opened up for me to spend on Hatrack again. I knew there had to be a good side to this.

That and I can send out some of my writings for real sales in real magazines.

But my temp is still spiking and I have no med insurance at the moment so all I want to do is sleep.

Yeah, Christmas was great. Its the @#$@#$@#!@#!@$%#@$ days after that suck.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, geez. That's rough Dan. [Frown]

Take care of yourself. 102 fevers are nothing to mess around with.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dan. I'm so sorry.

Here's hoping you get a job that blows your old one out of the water. And quickly.

((Raven family))

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
((Dan))

That is horrible.

I can't believe they fired you over the phone. And you were excited about this new job...

I pray you will find something else again soon -- but after you feel better. Enjoy a few days of staying in bed until you feel better...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Well wishes to your whole family. Maybe you should write a book or something and make tons of money. Then when you are a bestselling author you can go to your old boss's house and throw a hardback copy of your first book in his face. And then walk away leaving him with,"Alot of help you did me,(insert choice potty word here)!"
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Get the heck out of sales, Dan. It eats good people whole, and spits out their dessicated souls.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks eggs.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
That is horrible, horrible Dan. [Frown]
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Dan, that's rough--I feel for you. You're resourceful enough, and good enough at what you do, that I don't doubt that you'll be back on your feet in no time, but you have my sympathy nonetheless.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Stupid boss.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I'm really sorry to hear that! Take care of yourself, and I'll be hoping that things improve on your front soon.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Get well, dude. Plenty of time for job hunting in the new year, but you need to be well.

Here's hoping for you.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

[Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
((Dan, Sasha, Cindy))

It's one thing to be sick but to get laid off at the same time is like kicking a guy while he's down. I'm so sorry.

I hope you feel better real soon.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so crummy Dan.

I have no doubt that you'll get a better job really soon, but the search is such a hassle.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Blech. Hope ya eel better soon, Dan-man. [Frown]

Edit: FEEL. I hope you FEEL better soon. Uhm. Unless you're bad at eeling, in which case you should totally practice more.

[ December 28, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel better... Have some homemade lemonade..
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Dan. [Frown]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Eat some chicken soup and put the rest out of your mind for a few days
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks, Dan. [Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I hope you and Sasha both feel better soon. And may the next job show up soon, and be much better. And include medical benefits!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dan. It seems like this just happened to you! I am so sorry.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, more bad news I forgot to mention. I've got a sore tooth for the first time I can remember. First available dentist appt is next Tues. Of course, no insurance.

Wondering if that is the cause of my fever? Oh well. Thanks for all the good wishes. I knew I could count on you folks.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I'm so so sorry that you're going through this. [Frown]

(((Dan)))

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man. What a crummy day! Here's hoping that you get a great job, and soon. And that your family starts feeling more healthy. Ouch.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] This sucks.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Dan and family)))

I hope all three of you get better soon.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.