FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A potentially shady thread (be warned, it involves women's undergarments) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A potentially shady thread (be warned, it involves women's undergarments)
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so as a gag-gift I'm buying friend a G-string. It's a gag-gift because her G String on her violin broke and she just said that her g-string broke (I'm a 17 year old boy, what do you think i thought). Anyways, So I'm sending her one, but everybody is giving me a hard time about not wanting to buy it myself.

So here is my question men, Would you feel comfortable Buying G-string?

[ December 25, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You're just hoping this turns into a 10 page extravaganza like the last women's undergarment thread. [Razz]

Seriously though, no, I'd have no problem buying something like this.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
What does "G" stand for, anyways?
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what "G" stands for...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't feel comfortable buying it yourself, you shouldn't be getting a G-string at all. [Big Grin]

That said, the joke is great. Just go get the G-string yourself.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it has to do with shape, hmm no clue. [Dont Know]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thing is when I was a kid that's what I thought a G-String was! Someone wearing a string off a violin or guitar.
I wondered why anyone would want to do that.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Door #3, Chuck.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Last time my boyfriend bought me a bra, another man declared it was sexy...
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks sara
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, are you saying that because he bought you a bra, you dumped him, and got a new man?
*writes notes: Tell Kama's BF to buy her a bra; Meet Kama!*

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I would have thought it had something to do with the G-spot and all. But, you learn something new everyday. [Smile]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, too.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I'd feel comfortable buying one. This coming from someone who once had to be dragged into a Victoria's Secret because she wanted to look at stuff [Roll Eyes] . I'm better now [Cool] .
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say we're safely past the point of thinking threads about women's undergarments are "shady". Just look what happened with the last one. . . .

quote:
Hmm, I would have thought it had something to do with the G-spot and all.
Maybe so, but frankly, I could never figure out what that G was supposed to stand for, either.

<--Is going to feel like a real idiot if that turns out to be a common knowledge thing that everyone else already knows.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ernst Grafenberg was the first person to document it, so he named it the G-Spot based on his last name.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Gonad?

[Dont Know]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Never felt embarassed buying anything, and don't really understand why anyone would. You walk in, you look around, you buy one. Where's the fear?
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
When was the first time you bought condoms?

Pads?

-o-

(I would have thought G-spot too.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Me or J.T.?

The first time I bought condoms I was so happy I might need them that nervousness didn't enter into it.

The first time I bought pads was after I had already been working at a grocery store for a few months and had stocked them plenty of times. Kinda loses the mystique after that.

You can only be embarassed if you care what the people seeing you might think. When I was around 13 I made the conscious decision to get rid of as many of my fears as I could, one by one. Darkness, bugs, embarassment, whatever. Wasn't an easy thing, but I'm glad I did.
I just wish I'd have had the foresight to get rid of my self-centeredness at the same time, would have saved me a world of trouble [Smile]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Come to think of it, my condom answer applies here. J.T., when you go to buy a g-string don't go in the store with the attitude of "I am so embarassed I'm buying weird women's underwear, what will they think?"

Go in with the attitude "I've got someone to buy sexy underwear for! Ha!"

Either way, trust me, the people working the counter won't care. Whatever you think of yourself, to them you're a credit card slip.

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

The first time i bought condoms was when i'd just turned 16. Some friends and i put them on bananas and left them in odd places around a another friends front yard (like in the tail pipe of his car).
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

lol true, i'm just a another man scared sh*tless of womans underwear.

I'm taking Bryerchic with me and i'm getting the G-string today...

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Treat it like a mission!

Your objective: Acquire string, G-type, one (1).

Scout the area, determine best route and/or price, and move in. Remember: minimal loss of civilian life is optimal.

Go, soldier!

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Chris, you are just too dang sweet.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

LMAO.... Thanks Chris, I think Breyerchic will have to do my recon work for me....
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Thanks Chris.

How am I always involved with women's underwear?

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Well, you do wear womens underwear...
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

yes, but I'm now "the one who started the bra thread"
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

we bought a cheap froggy thong.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Cheap Froggy Thong, incidentally, is a good name for a band. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

If I ever start a band, it's name will be "Cheap Froggy Thong"
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, do I want to know what makes a thong "froggy"?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

The picture of little cute frogs on it....
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Um, do I want to know what makes a thong "froggy"?
You can get warts from it.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

o_0
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, how do they fit pictures of anything, let alone frogs, on a G-string? [Eek!]
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't buy a G-string, they bought a thong. Which, in my opinion, kinda ruins the joke, but [Dont Know]

Anyway, with most thongs and g-strings there are room for pictures on the front, and thongs can have a small all-over print.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

http://www.cafepress.com/frogwild.10554571
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Ok, now the age-old question...is anyone actually comfortable wearing one of those things?
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yes.

Edit: Unless you meant the wild frogs one specifically. In that case, I wouldn't know.

[ December 26, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

More importantly, would you want to be the one doing the laundry? [Eek!]

And, because I wanted to know. . .

quote:
A g-string, as the name implies, has a string in the back of the panty instead of a fabric panel. A thong has a little more fabric and usually comes to a "Y" at the waistband. Both serve the same purpose of cutting down on visible panty lines. Each style has its ardent fans--your best bet is to try each and decide which one feels more comfortable to you.

ElJay
Member # 6358

What affect do you think it would have on doing the laundry? Most of them are just like any other underware, you throw it in the washer and dryer. Some lace or silk ones are hand-wash/hang to dry, but that's no big deal. They're small enough that it doesn't take any time at all.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I learned from a lovely Wench that -- when it comes to thongs -- the smaller the better. Almost counterintuitive.
Cor
Member # 4295

ElJay, they're small enough that I would bet they'd get lost in the laundry all the time... I mean, we're always searching for the poor matchless sock, right? And that's got to be, what? Five times the size of a G-String? [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

You know, with normal under ware, you really don't have material right up your butt. And if you do, it's generally on the inside of the under ware, which is like a whole extra layer of protection. Sorry, but I don't want to be the one unloading the thong/g-strings into the washing machine. Bodily fluids creep the hell out of me to begin with and I already do laundry with disposable gloves and lots of hand washing. Like I'd need the extra stress of a g-string! (Yes, I know I'm crazy, leave me alone. [Razz] )
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You could try usuing toilet parer to cut down on the potential mess.

It works for the rest of us...

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

If you'll forgive the TMI, I haven't worn anything larger than a thong in at least a decade, probably longer. And I have never lost one in the wash.

Kayla, while I'm not as bad as you appear to be about touching icky things, I do have my quirks. (See description of dealing with mouse traps .) And really, thongs and g-strings don't get any more icky than any other kind of underware.

But I suppose since most of this stuff is all in our heads, anyway, my telling you that won't help any. [Wink]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Oh, man ElJay, how did I miss that thread? I suppose I just blocked it out because it had the word mouse in it.

The mere fact that you can actually deal with the mice is proof you are better than I am. I'd have to move.

This is why I'm thinking about applying for Extreme Home Make-Over. You see, when we bought the house, I knew we'd have to re-do the bathroom. I even knew that my husband wanted to work on the electric box in the carriage house. And, though I was talked into buying the house 4 days after surgery which caused a massive migraine, we aren't stupid and we did have the house inspected and even had the inspector tell us about some wiring clean-up splicing stuff that the owner had taken care of.

After we moved in and were doing something. . . can't even remember what, we needed to turn the power off for something, and were trying to figure out which circuit breaker we needed to turn off. Looking at the breaker box, there were lots of little breakers with nice labels and everything. Unfortunately, it was all a lie. There is a 220 amp breaker for the dryer, one for the stove and there is even a breaker that the only thing we can figure out that is actually on it is one outlet in one bedroom. The rest of the house, yes, the entire house, is on one breaker. Every TV, VCR, light, washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, disposal, dishwasher, computer, printer, cable box, playstation, clock, air conditioner, furnace and everything we own with a plug, is on one breaker.

So, taking it all in stride, my husband comes up with a plan to rewire the entire house. And as long as he's going to rip out every wall in the house (lathe and plaster) and replace it with drywall, and since he's remodeling the bathroom, he might as well move the stairs, and add another bedroom.

This is where I nearly lost my mind. First of all, he works. Full-time. And he etches glass on the side, so his time is limited. Secondly, there is no way in hell I could deal with ripped out walls for an extended period of time. I can't stand to put down a crossword puzzle till it's done, can you imagine having an entire house that is unfinished? Thirdly, Lord only knows what other surprises await us once we open up the walls. And open walls in and of themselves are so. . . exposed! [Eek!]

So, the logical thing would seem to be to hire a contractor to have it done more quickly. Unfortunately, that would mean having men in the house. I don't think so. I barely tolerate my husband and son in the house. But a bunch of strangers? And it's not like I can go anywhere else.

So, I can't live in this house the way it is, and I can't let strangers come in and fix it and I won't let my husband fix it. Such a dilemma.

I was trying to explain agoraphobia to someone recently so they'd have a better understanding of it and finally decided the best way for me to explain it was to ask them what they were the most phobic about. Like mice for you, it would seem. For some people, it's like spiders or something. Whatever freaks you out, makes you jump and gives you the creepy-crawlies and makes you sick to your stomach and weak in the knees. Let's go with mice. Imagine that every person you saw during the day was a 6 foot mouse. And you didn't have them trapped and didn't have gloves and a trash bag and had to make small talk with them. Ugh! People freak me out.

And, trust me, the irony of being a person who hates all social interaction and having a son who is autistic and desperately needs structured social interaction isn't lost on me. I feel like there isn't a worse mother in the world my son could have gotten stuck with and my poor husband has to deal with us both.

It's so bad that I'm actually seriously considering sending in an application to that show, even though I loath anyone knowing anything about me. My son's old school once published our unlisted phone number and I had it changed immediately and wouldn't give them the new one and there was one other incident that happened before I finally just pulled him out of that school altogether.

I'm a firm believer being able to pack everything you absolutely need into a car and being able to move on a moments notice. So actually agreeing to buy a house was a huge victory for my husband after 15 years of marriage. And the fact that I think about packing up and leaving on a daily basis is driving him a bit batty. But, we finally found a school district that is really good for my son and he's thriving here and the stability of owning a house is really good for him. It's just torture to me. And this town is so small that whenever I rake leaves, at least 15 people feel the need to stop and comment on it, whether to say that the yard looks "so nice when the leaves are raked up" or to tell me "it's a losing battle" or that "it's nice that someone is finally taking care of the property again." (We're right across the street from the Methodist church, who are a friendly bunch, and God love them, but I wish they'd ignore me.)

So, do you think we sound pathetic enough to make it on the show? Our house is over a hundred years old and I'd be thrilled to go to Kansas City for a week, stay in a hotel and order room service and come back to find they'd leveled the house and built a new one (which is what they usually do) and it had a really cool room that had doors and a bathroom and a big TV with video games and stuff so my son could have friends over without me acting like a long tailed cat in room full of rocking chairs. I always wanted to be the cool mom with the house that all the kids wanted to hang out and instead, I'm the weirdo lady who lives in the creepy house.

Fica Firmé
Member # 7163

- posted      Profile for Fica Firmé           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I haven't worn anything larger than a thong in at least a decade
Even on heavy-flow days?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.