FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Haircut- Before and After. Thanks Mrs. M!

Author Topic: Haircut- Before and After. Thanks Mrs. M!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Took Mrs. M's advice and went to an Aveda Salon like she reccommended. The were more reasonable than I expected, comparable to what you'd pay in the mall.

You can judge the results for yourself. It's definitely different, and I like it but it will take me a few days to get used to it. The one thing I already love is how much she thinned out my hair so that my entire head feels soooo much lighter!

http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/ajspictures/haircut/haircut.htm

[ December 23, 2004, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Very cute. But I'm amused by your expression in the first picture.

Aveda was started in Minneapolis... we have a training institute here, where you can go and get your hair cut by almost-graduates for pretty cheap. Along with bunches of spa treatments and stuff... and it's right down the street from the massage school.

Mind you, I've never actually done it. They're open weird hours. Plus I only get my hair cut once a year, anyway. [Smile] Maybe this year I'll give it a try...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

well they have lovely deep conditioning treatments even if you don't get it cut. my hair is soooo soft, right now, and it is supposed to last longer than an ordinary "after haircut" soft.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it before, but the new cut is really nice. [Smile] Frames your face very well, and softens it. (For instance, you actually have the same odd look in the first of the second set of pictures. But it's somehow less noticeable.)

*thumbs up*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Verrry cute. Of note is that although she thinned it out, it looks thicker. Stylish!
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Banna! You're soooooo young!!!!!!!!

And the haircut looks good. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
She will always look young, I think. There's a real liveliness to AnnaJo's face, and there's an innocence that belies her wicked, wicked mind.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Great haircut baby!

*three snaps up in Z formation*

[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the haircut. But I think I'm biased I got almost the same thing last month. [Big Grin]

Your hair looks fantabulous!

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And she has no gray. That, I'm jealous of. Dangling participle and all. Thank the wee godsd for hair color!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Banna, you look fabulous ! Mrs M. gives gra
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I like it a lot AJ, and I'm not usually a fan of short hair. But it really makes you look more...feminine...somehow. Very attractive.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the new shape.

But would you really expect less from anyone Mrs M recommended, oh ye of little faith? [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my hair cut at an Aveda salon today. It was a special treat for the holidays and boy did I need the pampering.

And it looks beautiful. I have very curly hair that is very easy to cut badly - but this is a *good* cut. Plus it's all blow dried and glamorous right now, so I feel very luxurious.

I like your cut. [Smile]

I also like how you managed the same expression for all three poses - both before and after.

(Oh, this is Imogen by the way. Tony/Scythrop does not have his hair cut at Aveda. Nor does he blow dry it. [Razz] )

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Photos, imogen, photos!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, it looks fantastic! I love it! See how it flatters your face? Gorgeous.

I like the middle part better than the side part, too.

ElJay, I might be moving to St. Cloud next year, which I think is close to Minneapolis. At first I was apprehensive, but now it's like I'm being called home to the mother ship.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Adorable!!
(and I agree that the expressions on your face are priceless)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
So is this Aveda haircut week? Cause I got mine cut on Tuesday, but pictures will have to wait until I get home after New Year's.

I really like your cut, AJ and it sounds (and looks) like your stylist did the same things my stylist did.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I think I'll cut my hair. In the bathroom. With my all-purpose scissors. [Big Grin] And cut hubby's as well. All this talk of framing the face . . . And, well, I think I want in on the action! [ROFL]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

lol, I thought I'd clicked reply and instead I'd clicked report post. I didn't figure it out until I was ready to add my post. I didn't send it so hopefully it doesn't bother Kathryn.

What I was going to say is that Steve told the exact same stupid jokes in sequence while he took both the before and after pictures. (Including telling me, "smile!" when he was taking the picture of the back of my head!)

AJ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.