FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas goodwill smashed by thievery.

Author Topic: Christmas goodwill smashed by thievery.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I was out doing some last minute shopping and feeling good about my fellow man when my partner called and said our shop had been broken into and we had been robbed. I just got back from filling out paperwork with the police officer. We had 3 airless paint sprayers, a compressor, and two drills stolen, roughly 8,000 dollars worth of equipment. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrible!

Did you have good insurance?

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

We do have insurance although my partner has all the paperwork so I'm not sure exactly what our coverage is.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
punwit, how awful. [Frown]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Frown] [Mad]

Bummer, punwit. I hope they catch the guys.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, punwit. I hope insurance covers what you and your partner lost.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
thats awful.......who's your insurance supplier.....some of these agents can be real jerks.......especially at State Farm.......like a good neighbor my butt........oh well.......thats really sorry......it must be really bad.....what did the guy look like? do you know? i will watch for him......oh wait i don't even know where you live that wouldn't help any.......well don't let the police slack off just because its almost Christmas
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
How awful.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, punwit. That sucks. I hope you get the Christmas gift of their butts in a sling.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I just heard from my partner concerning our insurance. It appears that we were under-insured. We might get 3500 dollars which will cover replacing one airless sprayer and perhaps a compressor and a drill or two. We will have to come up with another 3500 to replace the other airless sprayers. Damn thieves! [Mad]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Punwit, I feel your pain. I've had my house & car broken into so many times I'd actually lost count. It's terrible when it happens. [Mad]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Darren! This is horrible! Although I am glad they broke into the shop, and not your home. I didn't remember that you had a partner in your business.

Well, hopefully the thief will be caught and prosecuted -- in a small town like that, there is a better chance someone saw or heard something that will lead them to whoever did it. You may get some of your equipment back yet.

You're in my prayers. Hugs to your family for me, too.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
The great thing about theives is that they can almost never keep their mouths shut. Sooner or later, they'll blab to the wrong person or in front of the wrong person.

Steve, what kind of problems did you have with State Farm? They were my insurers back when I drove, and I loved them. When I wrecked the second car and canceled my policy, they actually refunded my last payment.

When I get my mom's old car and start driving again [Angst] they're the ones I plan to use.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, that sucks that you were underinsured!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Crud.

This happened to me my last day in New York City. The car was slated to be transported the next morning to Florida. I went to the grocery store to get some last minute items. Some jerk broke in while I was in the store and stole the cheap-@ss stereo speakers in the backseat.

Yep...Christmas shopping NYC-style. I'm sure those things ended up under the tree somewhere.

Anyway, it cost me hundreds of dollars to put in a temporary plastic window so the car could be driven in the cold weather. Then an other couple of hundred for a replacement side window once the car got to FL.

Argggggghhhh...

I feel your pain.

I hope your Christmas gets better.

[ December 24, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
at least they didn't break into your apartment and take you digital camera.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Oh Punwit, I'm so sorry. I've been thinking of you too as we repainted our bedroom. *hugs* Well have the best Christmas you can to spite the theives.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.